Way to draw airducts with round corners

MarcoW

Hi everybody,

My name is Marco, I am new around here, although I have been searching a lot in this forum before registration. Now registration have become necessary for my since I can't find the answers to the questions I have. And I have LOTS of 'em...

I might be around often or maybe once in a while, depending on my time. Any help is appreciated and if possible I will contibute mine but I'm a beginner so do not expect too mucht...

--> Ow by the way , I'm Dutch :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------

For drawing airpipes I use a multi line, then explode it. Next step is to fillet the smallest corner to the desired diameter (same as with of mline). Then I offset the round corner so i get the right "corner".

To fillet both corners is not the right way. See image below, also for the desired result.

Is there a lisp routine that can help me automate? For example create a function that wil ask for input diameter pipe and then lets me draw the pipes. All corners then must be as described before.

Thanks for helping me out!

Pic: http://www.freewebtown.com/engl/pic.JPG

(Copy and paste link otherwise it still won't work)

I think you may have forgotton to upload your image, but check out this for starters:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33919

Link is now active. Funny thing is, after registering and posting my first threat I noticed some links below "Similar Threads". There I got a little closer to an answer:

I found a lisp routine inside this forum that works almost perfecty for me: wpipe[4].lsp. This is the code (thanks to Vigilante, Ronso and Asmi):

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6844&d=1217973953

What I would like to do is add / get following:

1. Create menu "pipes" with few "buttons" (submenu):

a.) pipes with radius corners (call it "air round")

b.) pipes with mitered corners (call it "air flat")

2. When pressing button a.) there should be checked if there is a layer called "air round" with color "80". If not, or not completely, it should then be created and set as current, so wpipe wil be executed in that very layer. The previous layer should be set back after ending wpipe.

2. The input for "with" should be asked first. Then "elbow throat radius": both should be the same.

3. When pressed b.) similar action wanted, "air flat" color "81".

Do you get me..?

I'm not sure if you are looking to add DCL instead of command line prompts, but I think this is best left to either ASMI, Ronso or Vigilante - as it is their LISP...