Dynamic block to dynamic ?

OMEGA-ThundeR

Hi,

For standardization in our company i am trying to make leaders. However to make the dynamic options wanted for this its pretty extensive.

Now, when i go over the block the mouse curser slows down to about 2 FPS, outside the block it just moves like normal.

Can all the dynamics make the block slow ? (see attachment).

be.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A leader with the option (visibility) up to 20 lines of text capable of 3 lines of text each leader.

It's dynamic in a way you can control its scale, length of horizontal/vertical leader line, stretch lines to the right so that evertything moves with it (text) in case the text is to long and what all not.

Unless it can behave the same as i want in this dynamic block its no use.

When i turn an 'mleader' in a block its just another line with loose text, there is nothing editable to it (the text is whats need editing in the end). Perhaps it will be when i make it dynamic but it will turn out just the same and probably 'worse'.

I don't understand why you need this to be dynamic. Could you perhaps explain a bit more ?

Multi-leaders are dynamic enough, and should suit most needs.

If you for some reason need to edit the leaderS text wise and need 2 lines of text you need to move evertything up a line, this is a simple edit.

But lets say i don;t want 2 lines of text but add some letter thats just beyond the vertical line, i need to move all the lines to the right. than i need to shift-select all the grips and that takes time ("whow, 1 minute or so.....").

Perhaps the viewport scale is changed do to an other paper format or space problemes, then you need to change the whole leader thingy, and thats takes up more than a minute to fix. If its dynamic i just change a scale value and put the leaders where they need to be pointing and i'm done, which would take 1 minute and not a lot more.

In the end, for us, its better using it like its shown than doing it all by hand in one of above cases.

But now it's slows down mouse movement and thats not nice. Perhaps i should see if i can cut it down a bit by doing only 10 leaders instead of 20 and make an insertion point so that i can stack them easy.

All these options are addressed with Multi-Leaders.

The differing scales issue can be resolved by making the Multi-Leaders to be annotative.

I am not sure how I can help you with creating this dynamic leader block.

Personally, it is not something I would get involved with, as there are other ways of achieving the same results (just like pretty much all of AutoCAD).

However, I wish you luck in achieving the results you so desire using the method you have chosen.

Can you post an example of what you're trying to achieve? From what I've read, a multi-leader can do everything you're mentioning. You can have as many lines of text as you want, and you can have as many leader points as you want. When you move your text, the leaders will stay in place as long as you only click on the text grip, and you can adjust the length of all leader/landing lines as you need to.

Personally, I would find this especially frustrating as a dynamic block simply because AutoCAD might create an anonymous block after you edit the DB and save the drawing, making it impossible to edit causing you to re-insert the block and do the work all over again (wow, what a run on). You would be much better served by using a multi-leader.

Just my $0.02.

i'v uploaded the block with this post.

The "slowing down" effect seems to be gone. I recently formatted my office pc so there might be an error on the system (and i haven't been working with this file for a few weeks).

Anyone who can tell me a better way of doing what i made here is welcome...

Edit: And there seems to be an few errors in this build, but it was not final yet since i came to the major slowdown effect...

leadertekst2.dwg