Captured fonts not displaying correctly in Adobe Acrobat

HFB

For years we have been plotting to PDF from LT and it has captured the fonts just fine, but in recent months, we've had complaints from several end users that the fonts in our drawings have "changed" and they get an error message.

image.png.d0efc754128ddb0dc52fb00b9cb1edd5.png

I've pinned this problem down to Adobe Acrobat as Foxit performs as expected:

image.png.478e4172475f27df68e0625700ea17b4.png

I have edited the PDF plotter to include "capture fonts...", but that is often not successful due to THIS error message:
image.png.4d8ea32b08ccdb7db92d86657c8413b6.png

And even if I do manage to change the setting through a different method, it doesn't change the outcome. Google suggested reinstalling CAD, so I figured I may as well do the LT25 upgrade, which hasn't helped.

I don't know if it is an Adobe issue or a CAD issue, but any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, BIGAL said:

Have you tried "Dwg to PDF" using Plot ? 

I suspect we have other reasons for not using this option. We've had untold problems with getting consistency across plotters between staff, so we just went with the default AutoCAD ones as they were working just fine until recently. I can give it a go when I have some downtime, but I was wondering if anyone else had encountered similar issues and found a solution, given that it's only recently started happening.

Since you changed AutoCAD versions without any improvement, most likely an Adobe problem or could even be a combination of Adobe and Windows updates.

Did you run through the trouble shoot article for this?

"Cannot find or create the font..." when opening an AutoCAD created PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader (autodesk.com)

Causes:

AutoCAD updates have not been installed.

The text contains special characters such as: Ø, ².

The named font is missing or not installed.

The named font has not been captured when creating the PDF file.

Certain TrueType (TTF) fonts do not have a high enough vector resolution.

A good reason to use more common CAD fonts, IMO.

Is it just with TeenLite font? Could be a font issue, where did the font come from?

Is it a true type font, and is the base font style also 'TeenLight' (for example we use MyCompanyFont, which is Arial with a width factor applied). Check 'style' to see what the font is made up as.

If the font isn't installed on the end users system then it will not display correctly, either using a default or best guess font. So you can send them this font to install if possible (and endure the wrath of their IT support).

Or... you can work with your clients? and use a font that they have or look at one on the lists of most common fonts and use one from there - something like this: https://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html 

As SLW210, if my drawings are going outside the company, I create them an vanilla CAD - not one of the variants such as Civil3D, with an Arial Font so that the client can open then without errors, unless they specify otherwise (and generally supply a template to follow).

Recently started happening sounds like a software update somewhere or an IT department locking down what they can access such as removing non-standard fonts (did I read somewhere one that a font could be exploited as a vulnerability to your computer? A few years ago now but..)