Curve Flat 3D Object

Mitch Owen

I have drawn a flat 3D object with a pattern that will be laser cut and I now need to curve it to a 960mm radius, is this possible?

IMG_7123.jpeg

Edited by Mitch Owen
Uploaded photo

As a 3d object to view ? You can draw an pline with inside outside arcs and extrude, so a solid curved sheet. It is possible to "subtract" a 3d solid shape from this sheet, the issue is that the plug to be used has be arrayed in a circular pattern. A tricky but doable task, the result will hopefully look like what you want, but don't dim the cutouts.

This is opposite to what you want, but similar idea, some one else more experienced with solids will probably help. The lettering is extruded through a curved surface.

Alan3dlogo.png.e3e5836ba89b7f4d427a1c668b6ac6a6.png

• Like 1

@Mitch Owen what is your end goal?  Do you want 3D curves in space or just a rendering of what it would look like?  Can you post the AutoCAD file or at least the dimensions of one the cut-out patterens?

2 hours ago, lrm said:

@Mitch Owen what is your end goal?  Do you want 3D curves in space or just a rendering of what it would look like?  Can you post the AutoCAD file or at least the dimensions of one the cut-out patterens?

Hi Irm, my end goal is to have a curved 3D object with the pattern in it.

The cutouts are 60mm diameter with a 2mm gap in between. 

I won’t be back at my computer until early next week and can attach the dwg file then.