Position Markers and COGO Points

ricky78

Is there a way to get the lat, longs to use in a "field expression"  without using Position Markers and COGO Points using (Map 3d or Civil 3d)?

i.e. as shown below the Position Marker automatically defaults to WGS84 (it does not mater what coordinate system is assigned to the drawing). Therefore it is never the same as the current coordinate system as shown in the Geodetic calculator (unless the drawing is a WGS84 coordinate system).

COGO points will not allow the selection of Lat and Longs to be used in a "field Expression".

image.thumb.png.8bfb647d7b1255f64bf3c78a1828ffee.png

I create a block with x,y coordinates and Lat, longs that will  automatically updated fields in AutoCAD when moved. 

I've used the position marker in the past , but just found out that it defaults to WGS84 and will not work if the coordinate system is not WGS84.

or are there any other Objects that will give me that info?