find the dimension and polyline distance using AUTOLISP

keku

I'm new to Lisp and trying calculate the distance from a wall to a polygon box, as well as the distance between two polygon boxes. Additionally, I need to determine the dimensions of both the polygon box and the wall. I'm using Lee Mac's dimensioning code as a reference and trying to modify it to achieve these calculations.can i get this type of outcome using lisp

Screenshot2024-09-04132031.png.64cb97ac80b34bd0c94eb0b54b218358.png

Screenshot2024-09-04133544.thumb.png.2ba0c5a5a49caa62441da51c14b1a3be.png

Edited by keku

• SLW210 changed the title to find the dimension and polyline distance using AUTOLISP

One way is to pick a side then drag over the objects to be dimensioned picking say square off the outside line, then using intersectionwith can get all the dim points, for what you want pick a corner point and a side and done.

I dont use it but I think you can use Qdim also, others will comment. This task has been asked many times before, pretty sure answered at forums/autodesk.

Post a sample dwg please.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I’ve tried using Qdim, but unfortunately, it doesn’t support my objective.

I’m not familiar with intersectionwith or how to use it. If you have a code snippet or a sample image demonstrating its usage, I would greatly appreciate it.

I’ve attached the sample DWG file as requested.

Thank you for your assistance

distance demo drawing.dwg