BULLETS and NUMBERING that start with letters and numbers.

Hi,

Is it possible to create a starting point for bullets and numbering that start with "A1" or any letter and number combination.

See image below for reference.
image.png.78276573c412f34d6f79fad8b94f3483.png

I tried doing it from Word document but when I paste it to Autocad the bullet and numbering automation from word was not applying in autocad.
I also tried using excel as a work around.

Thank you for your answer or suggestion.

Using Word got close you can define a bullet Ax, took a couple of goes to get right. See the A1 A2 A3 at bottom. Use Define new number format.

image.thumb.png.13afef4426ab014397ddf8c4044efcd6.png

Us Aussies need to stick together up near Newcastle.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

Pretty much can do it manually in AutoCAD, or modify in Notepad as your text editor.

If you do a list, bullet or which ever option, you should be able to start the entries, delete the A, bullet, number, then type A1, hit TAB, then it should word wrap to the tab stop, hit enter and then type the A2, hit TAB, so on and so forth.

For Notepad, just create the LIST, BULLET, etc. in the internal editor, then use MTEXTED and change "internal" to "Notepad" then open the text and replace the A (or whatever) with A1, etc.

You might be able to do it all in Word as the text editor as BIGAL shows and it remain.

Doing all of this from memory, a search of the internet might bring up some better instructions and/or methods. I guess Autodesk thinks you can just use Word, etc. if you need to do this. I actually always do my lists manually as shown in my first method, never liked AutoCAD's.

• Like 1

@BIGAL / @SLW210

Thank you guys for your answers, I'm just wondering is there a way that it still have its function as automatic bullets with this condition. Anyways been searching for a while also tried using Ai and only word document is the only app can do this. I can create my notes on word or excel and just copy it to autocad.

Again thank you for your responses. 

I have notes and they were made in Word copied into a dwg and if you erase a note it auto renumbers. But its either a number or a alpha not a combo of the 2. Using Bricscad.

I did think about cheating can read paragraphs and add the A1 A2 plus tab at start of each paragraph. But its a big job, the main thing is the paragraph needs the 2nd 3rd line etc indented so adding the A1 at start is still ok.

Ok you can edit the created string so if you have numbers can add the "A" but again a tricky task. You need to find the correct pattern. 

Make a mtext say with "a" then use this you can see how complex the string becomes but it still does not auto update. 

(defun wow ( / )
(setq obj (vlax-ename->vla-object (car (entsel "\nPick object "))))
(setq str 
"\\pxi-3,l4t4;{\\L\\C3;A1.\tA1\tNOTES\\P\\pi*,l*,t;\\P\\pxi-3,l4t4;B1.\tline 2\\P\\pi*,l*,t;\\P\\P\\C2;GENERAL\\P\\P\\pxi-7.5,l7.5t7.5;}\\C2;A1\tALL WORKS TO BE CARRIED OUT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CURRENT STANDARD DRAWINGS AND SPECIFICATIONS OF THE CITY OF XXX.\\P\\pi0,l0,tz;\\P\\pi-7.5,l7.5,t7.5;A2\tDO NOT SCALE DRAWINGS - USE ONLY DIMENSIONS PROVIDED ON PLANS\\P\\pi0,l0,tz;\\P\\pi-7.5,l7.5,t7.5;A3\tALL DIMENSIONS ARE IN METRES (m) UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.\\P\\pi0,l0,tz;\\P\\pi-7.5,l7.5,t7.5;X3.\tALL LEVELS ARE TO AUSTRALIAN HEIGHT DATUM (A.H.D.) IN METRES (m) UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED\\P\\pi0,l0,tz;\\P\\pi-7.5,l7.5,t7.5;4.\tEXISTING DRAINAGE AND UNDERGROUND SERVICES ARE TO BE LOCATED PRIOR TO THE COMMENCEMENT OF WORKS AND RELEVANT AUTHORITIES NOTIFIED. FOR SERVICE INFORMATION CONTACT \"DIAL BEFORE YOU DIG\" ON 1800 819101. ANY "
)
(vlax-put obj 'textstring str)
)
(wow)

To get the mtext string use

(setq str (vlax-get (vlax-ename->vla-object (car (entsel "\nPick mtext object "))) 'textstring))

Maybe post a sample dwg show what note label should be etc No guarantees.

• Like 1