Continuous Copy.lsp

Chasedzn

I have an old lsp that doesn't seem to work. I wonder if anyone can help. The LSP is designed to copy an object multiple times- like array but more flexible.

Continuous Copy.lsp

I thought I posted here yesterday. 

Was this the old Continuous Copy from SoftDesk? Sounds like it.

When we switched to 2000i and dropped AutoCAD 14 with SoftDesk, pretty sure I never missed it, though it was handy, maybe I have something.

I found this old thread Continuous Copy - Autodesk Community - AutoCAD.

Maybe this by Kent Cooper can be of use

Claims to be a remake of the SoftDesk Continuous Copy... 

This is a good thread with some solutions...Solved: Re: Quick copy with spacing - LISP - Autodesk Community - AutoCAD

I got interested in coming back to this topic.

I have confirmed the ZZ functions are from Softdesk (LDD for a while) which was bought by Autodesk (prompting a lawsuit).

Found a few more codes to replace the Continuous Copy from Softdesk (also LDD for a while).

Both codes posted here I tested and they work...My favorite CC lisp not working (augi.com) I should have known Alan JT would have one.

Also some work by Alan JT, LeeMAC, marko_ribar here among others)...Accumulative copy lisp - AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL - AutoCAD Forums (cadtutor.net)

I had this, I have cleaned up, IIRC it works pretty similar if not exactly like the old Softdesk Continuous Copy.

;;; Allows you to copy objects multiple times at a typed in distance and angle.             |
;;;                                                                                         |
;;; |ContCop.lsp| similar to SoftEngine command Continuous Copy                             |
;;;                                                                                         |
;;; https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/89869-continuous-copylsp/#comment-648783           |
;;; By SLW210 (Steve Wilson)                                                                |
;;;_________________________________________________________________________________________|
;;; August 18th, 2024                                                                       |
;;;_________________________________________________________________________________________|

(defun C:ContCop (/ ss ang dist dists temp pt1 pt2 oldOsnap)
  ;; Error handler for internal errors
  (defun ccerr (st)
    (if	(or (/= st "Function cancelled") (= st "quit / exit abort"))
      (princ (strcat "\nError: " st))
    )
    (princ)
  )

;; Set the error handler
  (setq *error* 'ccerr)

;; Store current Osnap setting
  (setq oldOsnap (getvar "OSMODE"))

;; Prompt user to select objects
  (prompt "\nSelect objects to copy: ")
  (command "select" "auto" pause)
  (setq ss (ssget "p"))

;; Prompt user to select the start and end points
  (initget 1)
  (setq pt1 (getpoint "\nSelect Start Point: "))
  (initget 1)
  (setq pt2 (getpoint pt1 "\nSelect End Point: "))

;; Calculate distance and angle
  (setq	dist  (distance pt1 pt2)
	ang   (angtos (angle pt1 pt2) 0 6)
	dists 0.0
  )

;; Main loop for continuous copying
  (while
    (/=	(setq
	  temp (getdist
		 (strcat "\nNext distance/Exit < " (rtos dist) " >: ")
	       )
	)
	"Exit"
    )
     (setq dists (+ dists
		    (if	(not temp)
		      dist
		      temp
		    )
		 )
     )
     (setq temp (strcat "@" (rtos dists 2 6) "<" ang))
     (command "COPY" ss "" "0,0" temp)
  )

;; Restore original Osnap setting
  (setvar "OSMODE" oldOsnap)

(princ)
)

I am positive the others are better, but I need the practice, hopefully commented correctly for you and me both.

• Like 2

I worked for a conveyor company back then, used this a lot.

Alan JT's are nice, hoping mine will work in the latest AutoCAD LT.

I was hoping some of the old timers that moved from LDD or Softdesk AutoCAD would pop in. Not many of us left!

Losing Softdesk probably instigated a lot of LISP back then, AutoCAD 2000i actually has some of the functionality, though not all.

It was almost like we forgot how to use AutoCAD for a while when we switched, I am surprised this particular was never added to AutoCAD.

I wonder what happened to all of the ZZ functions?

Cadalyst was the game for CAD and LISP back then, I should search there.

Most probably created Array and/or Copy macros on a toolbar as well.

• Like 2