Fiber Optic Linetype

I have this code for software lines.

*software,software ---- 0 ---- 0 ---- 0 ---- 0 ---- 0 ---- 0 --
A,.025,-.1,[CIRC1,ltypeshp.shx,x=-.04,s=.04],-.1,.125

I need a code for Fiber Optic lines. The two linetypes are shown below. The appearance is similar but slightly different. Does anyone have such a code that they could share with me?

linetypes.JPG.715ed91d84e46eb114f416de1a5bbe30.JPG

I struggled for an hour or so and came up with this. There is a small gap on the left side of the circle. Does anyone know how to close it?

*FIBER_OPTIC, FIBER_OPTIC ----O----O----O----O----O-
A, .2, .2,[CIRC1,ltypeshp.shx,x=.02,s=.04],-0.05, -0.05

fiber.dwg

Maybe like this change values to suit. Note s=2.5 I think the circ1 is based on a 1 dia circle. The -5 gap = x offset.

*JHOOK,JHOOKS ----O----O----O----O----O----O--
A,50,-5.0,[CIRC1,ltypeshp.shx,S=2.5,R=0.0,X=-5.0,Y=0.0]

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bustr said:

I struggled for an hour or so and came up with this. There is a small gap on the left side of the circle. Does anyone know how to close it?

*FIBER_OPTIC, FIBER_OPTIC ----O----O----O----O----O-
A, .2, .2,[CIRC1,ltypeshp.shx,x=.02,s=.04],-0.05, -0.05

The short answer is that you have specified too much of a gap. The CIRC1 shape at a scale of 0.04 is 0.08 in diameter. So the space (negative distance) should be 0.08, and you have specified 0.05+0.05=0.10 which gives the 0.02 gap.

I suspect you are just beginning to learn about linetype definitions, but to correct your code, I would amalgamate the two line sections and also the two space sections into one each. You do not need an x dimension because the insertion point of CIRC1 is at the left hand quadrant point. This would give the code line to be:- A, .4,[CIRC1,ltypeshp.shx,s=.04],-0.08

Fibre Optic line.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1