Add Attribute to block

G.G.

Hello, is there a way to update block with new attribute, I look for some ways but only find "ATTSYNC" but I don't want to use this.

My idea is to have only 1 block with 1 or 2 base attributes for each file, and when I want to add more attributes to this block, if it possible with "entmod" because I want to search if the attribute misses to add it and continue with the function.

Than you :)

if your adding an attribute it would be added to all other blocks of the same name. You would have to create a copy of the block and rename it for it to have different number of attributes.

So just add the attribute but have the default as blank so only shows up in blocks when you add values to it.

Like @mhupp just Google there are many add attribute programs out there. A recent one was add attribute and move it in display order.

Edited by BIGAL

Thank you for your replays, I will have only 1 block for dwg, and I want to store some stuff in the block data like scale, or base text height, or something like that, and when I have something new to add, just to update the block, because I don't want to have a 1 block with 100 attributes for each case, just these whores are needed.

I probably will try to store current block data and endmake it with the new attributes. And before the change i will rename current block. 

Did you Google it does exist that is why I posted. 

A check, instant like 50 answers. 

22 hours ago, G.G. said:

because I don't want to have a 1 block with 100 attributes for each case

look into xdata

Edited by mhupp

Maybe Ldata also a little easier to use than Xdata. It lives in the dwg so could have 100 items in one data set.

(vlax-ldata-put "GG" "Scale" sc)

(setq sc (vlax-ldata-get "GG" "Scale"))

Edited by BIGAL