Penn Foster Grade Project/ HVAC/ Sheet Metal Drafting with AutoCAD Project.

Loan P Ta

You say you are stuck on the 3D drawing.  It appears to be quite simple.  Draw a profile of the bracket which should look like the letter "U".  Make sure to use a single continuous Polyline.  Extrude the profile the stated depth.  Draw circles for the holes then use the Presspull command to create the necessary holes.  The same goes for the holes in the bottom of the bracket.  Draw circles then use the Presspull command to create the holes. 

Hi Mark, I am glad to see you here and answer my question quickly. So, per your instruction, I can draw the U shape bracket on the same model pace, which is a Top-2D wireframe as a picture? I will practice more on this and please assist me on this final project, I appreciate for that.

Draw the profile in an isometric view as shown in Figure 4 of the instructions then use either the EXTRUDE or PRESSPULL command to give it a depth of 3.0 units.

Hi Mark, Could you please take a look at what I have done in the attached screenshot below? I am trying to work on the Rotate3D on the model space Top 2D wireframe, but I am still unsuccessful. Can you instruct me on this point? I appreciate that.

Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 9.01.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 9.00.05 PM.png

I'm not following you.  The second image shows that you have rotated the view, so the 3D geometry is displayed.

Hi Mark, The second image is shown in isometric view, but when I turn it to the Top 2D wireframe, it does not show the 3D image as the first screenshot. My question is: How can I rotate 3D and view it as required, as shown in the picture below? 

Bracket.jpg1.docx

Well first I would switch to an SE isometric view and rotate the 3D bracket 45 degrees to the left.  Then I would reposition my UCS at the lower left-hand corner of the bracket.  At this point it should be obvious which direction the bracket needs to be rotated in order to achieve the desired result.  I never got used to using the ViewCube so I manipulated my UCS via the command line. 

BTW... I am retired and no longer use AutoCAD; any 3D work I do I use SketchUp.  Sorry... but my skills have gotten rusty or maybe it's my brain that's rusty.  LOL!

Edited by ReMark

Anyway, thank you, Mark. I will figure out how to solve this problem.

If you want true 3d can copy the "U" and extrude it, then use Rotate3d to rotate to correct view angle. But you will need to add the holes. Plan is easy, the sides a bit more complicated as you will need to set the ucs to the side face.

image.thumb.png.0acbd543230769145238b30f3441dff2.png

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi Team, The screenshot above is my HVAC sheet metal DWG-grade project. I'm not sure about the scale of the object in the model space to the layout. Please let me know what I need to fix to meet the requirements. Thank you for your assistance.

Edited by Loan P Ta

You have attached a drawing not a screenshot.  That's never a good idea because another student can download the drawing and pass it off as their own.  Please remove the .dwg file and post an actual screenshot.  Or... you can email me a copy of the drawing, saved as an AutoCAD 2013 file type, and I will take a look at it.

Thank you, Mark. Since I am at work, can not open the CAD file. I will do that when I am back home.