AutoLisp Print Dialog Coordinates MSCAD2020

csank

Hello,

This question is in reference to AutoLisp, but the specific CAD version this is used for is MicroSurvey CAD 2020.

We are running into an issue where the PRINT dialog coordinates are completely different than the real coordinates reported by AutoLISP and the objects properties in CAD.

As an example, on one drawing, the coordinate of the bottom left of a box is (606625.433, 4841479.138), however this coordinate is reported by the print dialog to be (4207152.580, 2471093.689). This means when the automatic print functions calculate the box coordinates, they rightly get the bottom left of the box to be at (606625.433, 4841479.138), but  this is not correct for the print dialog resulting in the print not even capturing any part of the drawing.

The drawing is a 2d flat image on the top face, and the main bounding box of the drawing is not aligned with the x/y axis.

I initially assumed this was an issue between model and paper space, but the coordinates seem large enough that the paper-space ones do not make sense. If anyone has experience with this sort of coordinate issue please let me know. I can share more information if needed.

My first guess would be a UCS conflict. You say the extents of the drawing don't line up with the XY plane, at least that's my interpretation of "not aligned with the x/y axis." If your plotter doesn't understand noncoplanar coordinates, you may get weird results.

What kind of plotter are you using? How are you configuring the plot?

Okay, I pulled up a MicroSurvey help topic. Apparently, you can save a drawing in Paper Space, and it's completely different from a drawing saved in Model Space. Could that have something to do with it?

Hi all, the issue has been resolved. It's due to a MicroSurvey specific coordinate system - I was able to transform the coordinates.