Unable to Activate Previously Purchased Stand Alone Autocad 2011

Bennfixxt

I purchased a stand alone version of Autocad 2011 back in the day.  I have installed and used it on many PCs and laptops over the years and currently have it installed on another PC that runs on Windows 10 Pro.  I have a new PC that runs Windows 10 Home, but the software will not activate using the keys from the original purchase.  I get a message that the "license is expired", and there is no way I can find to contact Autodesk to get this resolved.  I tried copying the working version from the other PC but get the same "license expired" message when I launch the software.  There has to be a way to get this running on my new PC.  I would appreciate any help someone out there might be able to offer.

As of July 1, 2022, Autodesk has ended activation for versions 2011-2014. Take a look here for more information: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/subscription-changes/autodesk-to-end-activation-for-versions-2011-2014-on-july-1-2022/td-p/11143887

We can't help you with activation issues, but you should be able to contact Autodesk through their website if you have questions: https://www.autodesk.com/support/contact-support

I tried the link you shared as well as many other options to get in touch with someone at Autodesk.  I was unable to get to a point where I could send a message or get a phone number I could call.  Thanks anyway.

Yeah, I think if you don't have a subscription it might be difficult to get them to respond. The only thing I could suggest would be to keep using Autocad on your Windows 10 Pro machine until it dies, then you'll either have to get on subscription with Autodesk or look at an alternative like BricsCad. https://www.bricsys.com/

I'm sure there is a file somewhere in the working version on the other PC that contains the key to allow the software to launch.  I was hoping that when I copied all the files over from the PC with a working version to the new PC that whatever difference between the two sets of files would also get copied over and allow the software to work.  This is quite frustrating, and I can't afford to do the subscription version.  I should not have to since I paid for the software I already have.....

What you are attempting to do is to crack AutoCAD's security, which seems to be working!

I expect you have already tried using the License Transfer utility?

i expect that somewhere in the small print of the terms of use there is a definition of "Perpetual" which doesn't agree with your understanding of the word.

But to be practical, have you tried a virtual environment? I am running version 2002 with VMWare on a Windows 10 machine.

• Agree 1