Copy with base point using VBA

ab00

Hi,

I have some code where I want to copy an item to clipboard with base point, and paste into another drawing with insertion point. I have all my code working except the copy with base point section. 

• The below code allows me to initialise the COPYBASE command but requires user input for the base point position:
sourceDoc.SendCommand "_SELECT All" & vbCr & vbCr

sourceDoc.SendCommand "_copybase" & vbCr

• I can't seem to find a way to code the base point into the command. I have tried the below code: 
sourceDoc.SendCommand "_copybase"  & " , " & basePoint(0)  &  " , "  &  basePoint(1)  &  " , "  &  basePoint(2)  &  vbCr

• I have the paste command working with an insertion point but the COPYBASE command must work a different way.
destinationDoc.SendCommand "_pasteclip "  &  insertionPoint(0)  &  " , "  &  insertionPoint(1)  &  " , "  &  insertionPoint(2)  &  vbCr

If anyone could help this would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by SLW210
Added Code Tags!

In the future please use Code Tags for your code. (<> in the editor toolbar)

If you look at using LISP rather than VBA there are lots of examples about using OBDX to do this task. This question was asked within a week either here or at Autodesk/forum.

Can it be done in VBA though? If not then I'll look into LISP but I have a large code in VBA and this is the only part I cannot get working. 

Instead of having the user select the basepoint on screen after the COPYBASE command is initialised, I want a basepoint in my VBA code to be used the same way 'PASTECLIP' accepts the insertion point I have entered.  

UPDATE

I found the solution...

sourceDoc.SendCommand "_copybase" & vbCr & basePoint(0) & "," & basePoint(1) & "," & basePoint(2) & vbCr

Instead of...

sourceDoc.SendCommand "_copybase" & basePoint(0) & "," & basePoint(1) & "," & basePoint(2) & vbCr

'vbCr' was required after initialising the command and before the base point coordinates are entered. 

• Thanks 1