Lisp to close many open areas in hatch?

Michaelh8383

Instead of dragging each vertex and closing each open area in the hatch, does anyone know of a faster way?  I will have hundreds of drawings with open areas where there was once text. Any help would be very much appreciated!

2024-06-30_16h17_24.jpg

Originally, I thought removing boundaries would work and that the hatches would adjust to fit the boundary, but that was not the case.

I did try the hatchb lisp and it creates the boundaries, which is great, but I would need it to fill in the boundaries with the hatch or it doesn't really save time. 

I'm surprised someone hasn't needed this TBH. I really do appreciate the reply!

2024-06-30_21h08_08.jpg

Thanks! They recreate the boundaries, then I go back and delete them and it fills in with the hatch.  I'm working on a way to delete the newly created boundaries immediately after creating them, and then I'm set.  Thanks so much!!

There is an Express Tools LISP called Hatchutil.lsp, it has several functions for modifying/working with hatches.

IIRC, there should be something in there to do what you need.

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD XXXX\Express is where your Express Tools LISPs are located.