Auto cad structural detailing steel bars DXF codes

سبع الليل بتنون

Hi brothers

I have benefited greatly from you ...thank you for all what I have learned from you

I want to inquire about AutoCAD Structural detailing. What is the primary programming language that can be used to modify the bars created by the program?

For example, in CAD, I use AutoLISP to get the properties of a polyline, then I can put external data on it with property -3, and thus make any modification
I write (entget ( car ( entsel))) so i get
(0. "LINE") (0. "Lwpolyline")(0."Circle")(0."Arc") .... Etc
But in auto cad structural detailing i get
(0."BCrbar") Or something like that
How can i Access this entity ??
Auto Lisp, visual Lisp can't modify it
List , safearray doesn't entmod
How can i work with this ??
What's is the program language i must learn to can work with this???
Thank you

Edited by سبع الليل بتنون

1st answer there is structural software add ons out there to do reo drafting. Yes it may have a cost.

2nd answer the software will draw different shape reobars.

3rd answer can then look at getting details of reobar. Dia, type and length.

Can you post a drawing?

Are you using AutoCAD (2015 is in your profile) and trying to modify objects from AutoCAD Structural Detailing?

What exactly are you trying to do with the objects?

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2024 at 8:11 AM, BIGAL said:

1st answer there is structural software add ons out there to do reo drafting. Yes it may have a cost.

2nd answer the software will draw different shape reobars.

3rd answer can then look at getting details of reobar. Dia, type and length.

Thank you Mr Bigal for your response.

It is indeed a version of AutoCAD, similar to Civil 3D or ArchiCAD, but it specializes in creating rebar details. It was released in 2014 and 2015, but then

Autodesk completely discontinued it. The aim is to try to develop or adding Some routines that enhance its productivity.

here is the program interface

2.png

On 6/30/2024 at 4:15 PM, SLW210 said:

Can you post a drawing?

Are you using AutoCAD (2015 is in your profile) and trying to modify objects from AutoCAD Structural Detailing?

What exactly are you trying to do with the objects?

Thank you Mr SLW210 for your response.

It is indeed a version of AutoCAD, similar to Civil 3D or ArchiCAD, but it specializes in creating rebar details. It was released in 2014 and 2015, but then

Autodesk completely discontinued it. The aim is to try to develop or adding Some routines that enhance its productivity.

here is the program interface

2.png

Posted (edited)

when I write
(entget (car (entsel)) '("*"))
I got something like this

Command: (entget (car (entsel)) '("*"))

Select object: ((-1 . <Entity name: 7ff45cfece90>) (0 . "RBCR_EN_BAR") (330 . <Entity name: 7ff45d3199f0>) (5 . "336299") (100 . "AcDbEntity") (67 . 0) (410 . "Model") (8 . "AutoCAD_Structural_Detailing_Bar shape") (62 . 5) (370 . 0) (100 . "RbcrEntity") (90 . 1) (340 . <Entity name: 7ff45cfecea0>) (100 . "REPREZENTATION") (90 . 1) (1 . "RBCR_SMOOTH_WITH_DIAM") (100 . "REPREZENTATION") (90 . 1) (1 . "RBCR_SMOOTH_WITH_DIAM") (100 . "REPREZENTATION") (90 . 1) (1 . "RBCR_EDIT") (100 . "RbcrObjectClientEntity") (90 . 1) (100 . "RbcrEnReinforcement") (90 . 3) (100 . "RbcrEnShape") (90 . 1) (100 . "RbcrEnBarBase") (90 . 4) (100 . "LONG") (90 . 1) (90 . 0) (100 . "RbcrEnBar") (90 . 1))

this entity doesn't exists in autolisp
so what can i do if i want to entmake an entity like this ??

number , dia of bars are extended entities for this entity >>>> what will i do if i want to change these properites via lisp ??
or what is the programming language ?? or attributes type ?? or dictionaries that used to make this entity ???

1.png

The software was replaced by Advance steel. Yes has a cost. 

Post a dwg with example bars. Need to have a look at objects.

12 hours ago, BIGAL said:

The software was replaced by Advance steel. Yes has a cost. 

Post a dwg with example bars. Need to have a look at objects.

Ok i will post a dwg

But if you don't have this software ( AutoCAD structural detailing) these objects will not appear in the regular autocad... So you will not see it

I do believe you might could manipulate it with some of the information from your entsel list, though without the program it's hard to tell.

Some of the older Autodesk specialty software lacks a lot of interoperability with AutoCAD as you now know, as mentioned, they have replaced this program.

I really can't find a lot of information on manipulating objects in ASD, though, so I think you are on your own unless there are some people around that are still using it and know programming.