steel pipe flange/fitting blocks in Autocad 3D

Emboss 2014

how can i find the 3d pipe flanges in AutoCAD? or is this something i have to insert in from outside sources or draw them manually.  I can insert fattener blocks into the model space and just wondering if there are pipe fittings.   thank you.

They only have smaller sizes (less than 12" IIRC) at McMaster-Carr, if you need larger sizes you'll need another source or make your own.

I use them on the rare occasion I have a smaller pipe, and often for fasteners and other items.

I also have had better luck with downloading the Soldworks models and importing those into AutoCAD (AFAIK they use Solidworks to create the 3D models, I called and asked them a long time ago). But, mostly any of them work fine.

How to use Solidworks files in AutoCAD (autodesk.com)

Importing a STEP file into AutoCAD Products (autodesk.com)

How to Import a CAD STEP File into your AutoCad Software (youtube.com)

I use a 2D flange LISP and create my own by Extruding them. 

ANSI B16.5 Flanges Lisp - AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL - AutoCAD Forums (cadtutor.net)

ANSI B16.47 Flanges Lisp - AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL - AutoCAD Forums (cadtutor.net)

Also, I haven't used these in a while, but Cad / 3D Flange Drawings - Texas Flange go up to 144".

• Like 1

You can find 3D flanges at the CADforum.  Look under the heading CAD +BIM Blocks > Piping, P&ID > Pipes > Flanges.

Edited by ReMark
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 3:46 AM, SLW210 said:

They only have smaller sizes (less than 12" IIRC) at McMaster-Carr, if you need larger sizes you'll need another source or make your own.

I use them on the rare occasion I have a smaller pipe, and often for fasteners and other items.

I also have had better luck with downloading the Soldworks models and importing those into AutoCAD (AFAIK they use Solidworks to create the 3D models, I called and asked them a long time ago). But, mostly any of them work fine.

How to use Solidworks files in AutoCAD (autodesk.com)

Importing a STEP file into AutoCAD Products (autodesk.com)

How to Import a CAD STEP File into your AutoCad Software (youtube.com)

I use a 2D flange LISP and create my own by Extruding them. 

ANSI B16.5 Flanges Lisp - AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL - AutoCAD Forums (cadtutor.net)

ANSI B16.47 Flanges Lisp - AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL - AutoCAD Forums (cadtutor.net)

Also, I haven't used these in a while, but Cad / 3D Flange Drawings - Texas Flange go up to 144".

Thank you for great info, i will look into this as well.

On 6/14/2024 at 4:19 AM, ReMark said:

You can find 3D flanges at the CADforum.  Look under the heading CAD +BIM Blocks > Piping, P&ID > Pipes > Flanges.

Thank you REMark, will do.

11 minutes ago, Emboss 2014 said:

Thank you, i will look them up.  i assumed if i do this STEP file should work together with DWG file?

Yes, the STEP file is just a file format that can be used to export from one program and import into another. Autocad can import many different file types.

STEP Import.jpg