Centering Titleblock and Border on Page

nicnicman

What is a good way to ensure that a border and title block are perfectly centered on the page in paper space. Someone once showed me how to do it with a window but I can't seem to remember the method.

I'm using a 36x24in paper size with a .5 margin all the way around. The border will sit on this margin. I can eyeball it pretty close but I know this is not the right way.

Maybe someone can point me the right direction.

• Like 1

I believe I figured this one out on my own. Under the plot offset heading I saw the Center the plot option. It was right under my nose. :roll:

In paper space there is the white part of the screen that represents the paper. What I would really like to do is bring the bottom left corner of this paper to 0,0,0 on the axis. Then I would be able to drop the title block onto that point.

Right not the paper seems to be in a random place on the axis. Is there a way to specify where it is placed?

Thanks for any help.

My boss wants me to send him a floor plan in .pdf format. The plot preview looks fine in autocad but when I plot it as a .pdf (using dwg to pdf in autcad) the border and drawing are off center.

I used a window and centered the plot. Attached are screen shots of the plot preview in cad and the .pdf file

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: The plot preview is in the following post. These are both screen shots of the pdf plot

plotpreview.jpg

pdf.jpg

Sorry about that. The previous attachments are both the pdf files. Here is the screenshot of the plot preview in autocad.

plotpreview.jpg

• 14 years later...