Reading co-ordinates by AutoLISP

Iftikhar Arain

Posted (edited)

For layout 1 can you check out Blockify in 2025 Autodesk converting the 3 line "T's" and resend say as layout-3.

Layout -2 a complete rethink only advantage is the clamps are blocks. The co-ords could be calculated from the mid point of the sleeper, are co-ords left and right of C/L, may have to go back to layout one and do something similar to avoid 2 completely different methods. A new issue is that the top and bottom of sleepers are not joined the lines have been trimmed may be easy to get around. 

Are there any more layouts with different styles ? Please post samples if so.

Edited by BIGAL

Hi BIGAL,

I tried to create blocks of all clamps (T's) one by one but it was taking too much time, therefore, I have created blocks of T's only from Sleeper 21 to 25 so you can try your AutoLISP program. I have also attached another drawing(sleeper Layout-4). It'd entirely different type but I think to create program will be much easy for this type as there are no T's only holes and also no need to read angles. I have also attached Coordinates for this type. 

Sleepers Layout-3.dwg Sleeper Layout-4.dwg Sleeper Coordinates-Layout-4.xls

Posted (edited)

Please have a look at the youtube it talks about how to convert same type objects to a block. The second dwg is fine as it has blocks for the clamps. But no sleeper out line.

Sleeper-4 is different again, so a new code again.

Please see PM as we can discuss off the forum while we go back and forth. 

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is for sleeper layout 1, but with blocks for clamps and plines for sleeper. Its based on the attachments. Just edit the saved location for the Excel file. I understand it is not quite right in a couple of ways but just trying to get something close. Needs the +ve & -ve values for left and right.

There is an issue where there is only 6 clamps not sure what to do there.

sleeper 1.lsp Sleeper Coordinates blank.xlsx Sleepers Layout.-copy.dwg

Edited by BIGAL