Lisp routine for trimming everything outside a closed polyline?

EIA

image.thumb.png.595695facb35af86ea74ff0120ef116a.png

Let´s say I have a square and some lines passing through it, like in the image above. Is there any lisp routine (or maybe autocad command?) out there that lets you select objects and then a polygon so autocad trims everything out of that polygon and leaves only what's inside?

Autocad EXTRIM command, select polygon and click outside

Another that is very reliable like Extrim is Cookiecutter.lsp. Sometimes use as Extrim has not worked properly.

If you want to automate say pick rectang then outside all done, inside Extrim is a lisp function that can be called from lisp. Pt a hint use extmax.

(if (null etrim) (load "extrim.lsp"))
(etrim ent pt)

CookieCutter2_v1.0.lsp

Posted (edited)

I forgot to say that I am currently working on AutoCAD LT, and as it seems you get Extrim from Express Tools which is an AutoCAD Mechanical thing, is there any way to do this anyway for us LT users?

edit - does CookieCutter use extrim for anyhting? I only read the first answer when I sent the reply tbh

Edited by EIA

You can try it, LT doesn't support all LISP functions so it might not work

Posted (edited)

You need LT2024 at least, but all hope is not lost, manually Trim select the rectang, Enter, then "F" draw a shape around rectang, Enter should be done.

Edited by BIGAL