How to edit a layout after getting it from the 3D model.

Slava_nikitin

I got a layout from a 3D model (screenshot 1) and now I need to edit it and delete some elements because I need to copy it into another layout, but it cannot be edited or copied; it just does not get selected (photo 2), maybe because it is still linked to the 3D model. How do I get rid of that link and edit it properly?

Thank you and sorry that the photos are not in English.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Hello Slava_nikitin, welcome in the forum!

Your links are broken, I can't see those screenshots.

You get a Layout but no 3d? Just a guess: try to double-click a 2d representation -it should activate the viewport, if there is one- and next try to copy-paste.

It would help us to have a dwg file to play with.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fuccaro said:

Hello Slava_nikitin, welcome in the forum!

Your links are broken, I can't see those screenshots.

You get a Layout but no 3d? Just a guess: try to double-click a 2d representation -it should activate the viewport, if there is one- and next try to copy-paste.

It would help us to have a dwg file to play with.

Hi, thank you for the answer, those are proper links:

Screenshot 1: https://disk.yandex.ru/i/t9rcAFhxDqFyGw

Screenshot 2: https://disk.yandex.ru/i/PLfOKZz4CrEF4Q

I have a 3d model, and I took a layout from it, using a method on a screenshot 1, but I cannot edit it in any way :( 

It's always best to upload images directly to the forum. Here's an explanation on how to do that:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slava_nikitin said:

I have a 3d model, and I took a layout from it, using a method on a screenshot 1, but I cannot edit it in any way :( 

It's difficult to understand the problem from those screenshots. Can you provide a dwg file and more information about what you did and what you're trying to do?

58 minutes ago, Cad64 said:

It's difficult to understand the problem from those screenshots. Can you provide a dwg file and more information about what you did and what you're trying to do?

Okay, thank you!

I created a layout from my 3D model by clicking "Layout" -> "Base" -> "From Model Space."Screenshot_4.png.a74dddb0b26678dce98f2446f797c886.png

Now, I am trying to copy this layout to another DWG file, but I cannot copy it in any way—it just cannot be selected. Also, I can't edit it, such as deleting some parts on the layout layer.

Autocad Help.dwg