Drawing Units data access

Aditya Bagaskara

Is there a way to access any data from Drawing Units? I suppose I can use the vla syntax, but I don't know which one...
Thank you for the help!

AutoLisp can access the system variables. With GETVAR you can read the values stored in INSUNITS or MEASUREINIT. Some variables also can be changed using the SETVAR command. Just find the sysvar that is relevant for your task.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fuccaro said:

AutoLisp can access the system variables. With GETVAR you can read the values stored in INSUNITS or MEASUREINIT. Some variables also can be changed using the SETVAR command. Just find the sysvar that is relevant for your task.

Thank you! Do you know where I can access a list or a website containing all of them?

Thank you all for the answers, the next question is, all the value is stored in integer. How do I know if it's cm or mm or something? Do I have to list them all myself?

@Aditya Bagaskara

Study these System Variables. You can look them up in AutoCAD's help bar:

LUNITS = Integer representing the liner units type; i.e. Scientific, Decimal, Fractional, etc..

LUPREC = Integer representing the unit precision; i.e. how many places behind the decimal point.

MEASUREMENT = 0 is Imperial (inches), and 1 is Metric (mm, cm, m)

MEASUREINIT = integer representing whether imperial (0) or metric (1) Hatch patterns and Linetypes are used.

There are more, but those the the main ones.

Technically - AutoCAD is "scaleless", meaning you define the scale of 1 unit, whether that is 1 mm or 1 meter. The system variables above control how that scaling is displayed and calculated. In Imperial measurement however, Fractional and Architectural scale are dependant on inches being the 1 unit, because of the way they are displayed.

Edited by pkenewell
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, pkenewell said:

@Aditya Bagaskara

Study these System Variables. You can look them up in AutoCAD's help bar:

LUNITS = Integer representing the liner units type; i.e. Scientific, Decimal, Fractional, etc..

LUPREC = Integer representing the unit precision; i.e. how many places behind the decimal point.

MEASUREMENT = 0 is Imperial (inches), and 1 is Metric (mm, cm, m)

MEASUREINIT = integer representing whether imperial (0) or metric (1) Hatch patterns and Linetypes are used.

There are more, but those the the main ones.

Technically - AutoCAD is "scaleless", meaning you define the scale of 1 unit, whether that is 1 mm or 1 meter. The system variables above control how that scaling is displayed and calculated. In Imperial measurement however, Fractional and Architectural scale are dependant on inches being the 1 unit, because of the way they are displayed.

Thanks for the details! :)

• Like 1