Text Rearrange

Halsy

Hello All, 

I need lisp, which will replace Width X length text to Length X width text

i.g 600 X 1200 to 1200 X 600

800 X 2400 to 2400 X 800

Are all the texts the same format, with [space]x[space] between the 2 dimensions?

Have a look at Lee Macs string to List routine and use " X " as the deliminator, then use his list to string and use the same deliminator.

If you are OK to modify a LISP, my first routine here does most of this - just change the deliminator I think

Edited by Steven P

(defun c:pp()
  (setq ss (ssget '((0 . "TEXT"))))
  (repeat (setq i (sslength ss))
    (setq el (entget (ssname ss (setq i (1- i))))
	  txt1 (cdr (assoc 1 el)))
    (setq posX (vl-string-search " X " txt1)
	  txt2 (strcat (substr txt1 (+ posX 3)) " X " (substr txt1 1 posX)))
    (setq el (subst (cons 1 txt2) (assoc 1 el) el))
    (entmod el)
    )    
 )

Does this work for you? You can select all the texts to be changed and process them in one run.

• Like 1

When X = code which is vary string by string then above @fuccaro code is not working 

i.e 600 D 2450 , 500 B1 400, 300 B3 400

Edited by Halsy

Does the 'X' change? So in your example D, B1, B3 ? and is there always a space either side of that? LISPs work really well if there is a rule that you can apply but got to work out the rule, and need all the information. Fuccaro works according to your first post with an 'X' in the middle.

For Fuccaros code to work well for every circumstance we'll need to know whatever is in between the numbers for every instance.

Edited by Steven P
  • Like 1

Modified my link above to give:

(defun c:RevHW ( / MySS SSCountMyEnt MyEntGet Mytext TextList OrderList NewText n acount) ; Reverse Height Width
;;Sub Functions:
;;Starting with LM: Refer to Lee Macs website
  (defun LM:str->lst ( str del / pos )
    (if (setq pos (vl-string-search del str))
        (cons (substr str 1 pos) (LM:str->lst (substr str (+ pos 1 (strlen del))) del))
        (list str)
    )
  )
  (defun LM:lst->str ( lst del )
    (if (cdr lst)
        (strcat (car lst) del (LM:lst->str (cdr lst) del))
        (car lst)
    )
  )

(princ "\nSelect MText")                  ;; Note in command line "Select text"
  (setq MySS (ssget '((0 . "TEXT"))))       ;; Select objects with a selection set, filtered to 'MTEXT' entity type
  (setq SSCount 0)                          ;; Just a counter set to 0
  (while (< SSCount (sslength MySS))        ;; loop through length or selection set using SSCount
    (setq MyEnt (ssname MySS SSCount))      ;; get the nth item in the selection set entity name
    (setq MyEntGet (entget MyEnt))          ;; get the entity definition from the above
    (setq MyText (cdr (assoc 1 MyEntGet)))  ;; get the text from the entity (first 256 characters)
    (setq TextList (LM:str->lst MyText " "));; Convert the text string to a list, deliminator " "
    (setq MyEntGet (subst (cons 1 (LM:lst->str (reverse TextList) " ")) (assoc 1 MyEntGet) MyEntGet))
    (entmod MyEntGet)                       ;; Modify the text
    (setq SSCount (+ SSCount 1))
  ) ; end while
); end function

Edited by Steven P

Yes X changes in each string just like above metion examples and space either side of X 

i.e 400 B1 500 to 500 B1 400

600 D3 900 to 900 D2 600

@Steven P You could modify your selection set filter like so to weed out bad items

(setq myss (ssget '((0 . "TEXT") (1 . "*# ?? #*"))))

• Like 1

Halsy is happy with Steven's Lisp, so I came returned too late to this party.

Anyway, here is my version. It is pretty close to my previously posted program but now it searches for the sequence "space-something-space". Also I extended it a bit to process Mtexts as well. Here it is:

(defun c:pp()
  (setq ss (ssget '((0 . "*TEXT"))))
  (repeat (setq i (sslength ss))
    (setq el (entget (ssname ss (setq i (1- i))))
	  txt1 (cdr (assoc 1 el))
	  pos1 (1+ (vl-string-search " " txt1 1))
	  pos2 (1+ (vl-string-search " " txt1 (1+ pos1)))
	  pos3 (strlen txt1)
	  txt2 (strcat (substr txt1 (+ pos2 1)) (substr txt1 pos1 (- pos2 pos1 -1)) (substr txt1 1 pos1))
	  el (subst (cons 1 txt2) (assoc 1 el) el)
	  el (entmod el))
    )
 )

• Like 1