AutoCAD MEP in Revit.

Jacko93

Hello. I am unfamiliar with the Revit software, but we have recently been asked by an Architect as to the compatability of our software to theirs. Our company has recently forced our office down the route of cadduct, I know the compatability issues with this, but we have some expertise in AutoCAD MEP. Can the MEP models be imported into Revit and retain their intelligence?

• 1 month later...

you would think accross Autodesk this would be no problem

seems some are having troubles with drawings from Architects using Rivet, while the other consultants on the team are using Autocad.

The problems seem when the Consultants try to clean the arch. draiwngs or some call filtering (exploding things and erasing etc.)

Just ask the arch. to send a dwg and xref into autocad mep and try changing the colors to suit and freezing layers you don't want to see and try to get the dwg's early on without much details added, that sometimes help.

But to have the information from AutoCad to Revit and vs AutoCad have not seen that.

Hello. I am unfamiliar with the Revit software, but we have recently been asked by an Architect as to the compatability of our software to theirs. Our company has recently forced our office down the route of cadduct, I know the compatability issues with this, but we have some expertise in AutoCAD MEP. Can the MEP models be imported into Revit and retain their intelligence?

You can import your file into Revit, but I do not believe it retains the information with it. Its strictly a 3D object floating in space, and that is it, by using the IFC Export feature in AutoCAD MEP under the File menu.

Revit comes with AutoCAD, its a combined package so you could always send them the file and have them do it themselves, haha. :)