Is there is a way to translate the text & mtext in cad drawings

adeladel

Is there is any lisp or way to translate the text & mtext in cad drawings all text together , I mean if open drawing with spanish text and I can't understanding it is there is a lisp to translate all these text to english or any other languages . 

Edited by adeladel

A quick look at the AutoCAD help pages suggest that Mechanical 2024 edition has some translation ability, limited to about 20 languages, including Spanish. Note that this is the first Translation in AutoCAD so will be 'basic' the next versions after user feedback will be better.

There are third party add-in software packages, probably paid for. These are listed in the help pages.

As for LISP, not directly. You'd need to link this to a web host for the translation. A simpler method, not as user friendly, might be to copy the text to the clipboard (LISP can do this), and manually paste into a web translation service, copy the result and then paste back into the text. LISP can help with the copy original text and paste translated text. If using a web based translation service they might not have all the technical terms, abbreviations and so on that we use so would need checking.

• Like 1

thanks for your help, I appreciate your time and effort to replying to this topic , I believe in the future the translation will be in cad command, thanks again and have a good time.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have used a tool that was around $39-$59 if I recall, to extract the text items and translate them with machine translation and then re-unite. The process can be used for translating the DXF file in mere minutes even if you don't have access to AutoCAD. I'll try to find the tool. It's also the one mentioned in MemoQ for DXF format. For human translation that works, of course, but I used it in a more automated high-volume project (thousands of files)

here is what may help:  https://www.translationtospanish.com/cad/documentation.htm

In essence it is used to split a file into two, where one has the text items that should be translated and the other has the rest. After translating you use the same tool to re-unite the two in the same sequence but now with translated content. How you do the translation has many options, human in that text file, in CAT tools, or with machine translation.

Just beware of the encoding. Some MT tools will return as UTF-8, but in my experience the file needed to be in original Windows encoding, the way it came out from the splitting. It's easy to re-encode it, I used Notepad++ in my tests. Not sure how the customer ended up doing it, but it worked. (this was a a large aerospace company where they needed to translate to English - can't say more).

Hope this helps. Feel free to ping me if you need more guidance.

Looks like advertising to me.

I have already posted links to FREE AutoCAD apps that do everything directly in AutoCAD.

• Like 1