set dimension style when opening autocad

Do you use a drawing template? With AutoCAD you can set all your options the way you want them before you even create a drawing. See this page. Once you have a drawing that is properly set up, remove the linework and save it as a template file (.DWT). Then you have two options.

One option, if you use several types of drawings, is to create a library of templates. There is a default folder for templates, which you can locate in the Options window under Files | Template | Drawing Template File Location. Any time you create a new drawing, you're prompted to select a template, which you pick from this folder. Add your templates to that folder and you're good to go.

The other option, if you have only one type, is to automatically create new drawings from your template. Under those same Template settings, there's an option for Default Template File Name for QNEW. That doesn't replace the default template, it just points to a different one.

Make sure you save your template as a template, not as a drawing. That applies to new and revised templates.

• Like 1

thank you cyberAngel

i have add on program (yQarch)

this program prevent autocad from opening any template drawing 

so i am looking if any system variable can change dimension style

thanks

I shoud think that, like @CyberAngel suggested...

you could include the 2 different DimStyles which you favor in

whichever drawing you have defined as your QNEW default.

While that default comes from your designated .dwt file,

it is opened as a .dwg file.

Perhaps that is not a viable option, but I shoud think it might be.