Structural Drafter

Paul Straka

I use Autocad for Mac, but the solution may be the same as for a PC.  Recently the ability to type stacked diagonal dimension text went away. Previously it would default to stacked diagonal without any special characters. Now it looks like 3/4 or stacked straight up and down if I use the text editor. How do I reset for automatic stacked diagonal dimensions.

• 1 month later...

In Autocad for PC you would fix that by going into the DIMSTYLE MANAGER.

A very belated welcome to CadTutor, and a Happy New Year.

I am quite surprised to see that nobody every responded to your post.

As in the screenshot, you MAY find the relevant options presented on the Primary Units tab.

Should you find this has some relevance to the Autocad for Mac options available,

make sure to click OK after making your changes.

I hope that helps you.

image.thumb.png.e9568d8ed002686f7336c7c4a722e8df.png

Edited by Dadgad
screenshot added

On 11/20/2023 at 5:14 PM, Paul Straka said:

I use Autocad for Mac, but the solution may be the same as for a PC.  Recently the ability to type stacked diagonal dimension text went away. Previously it would default to stacked diagonal without any special characters. Now it looks like 3/4 or stacked straight up and down if I use the text editor. How do I reset for automatic stacked diagonal dimensions.

I have NO idea how it worked previously as I despise all things Apple. But as there IS indeed a specific article about it on Autodesk's site, I'm assuming the following is not what you're used to. So try this? 

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACDMAC/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-9E737D61-58ED-4FB0-8E54-1B692D925637

• Like 1