Help in Making Helix Gear

Can someone tell me please how do I make a helix gear in AutoCAD 2014 in classic workspace?

Is it using Loft command or Sweep command?

How do I use Loft command using a path?

The triangular portions of your drawing are actually a block reference.  You can't make a region out of a block.  

Edited by ReMark

The triangles are all part of a block (a group of objects treated as a single entity).  You cannot use a block to create a region.  Explode the block then try again.

I use Explode command as you instructed and next, I make a Region of it.

But I doesn't want to be extruded.

The command message is:

"Cannot sweep or extrude an object of this type."

Edited by basty

You're going to have to explode the triangles a second time because, for some unknown reason, you created individual triangles as a block then grouped them together to create a second block.  Your understanding of creating blocks needs some refinement.

12 minutes ago, ReMark said:

You're going to have to explode the triangles a second time because, for some unknown reason, you created individual triangles as a block then grouped them together to create a second block.  Your understanding of creating blocks needs some refinement.

Sorry, I followed your instruction but still doesn't works

However, I manage to make it work.

The step is, I make Region of the gear teeth (this case is triangle), then Extrude it, and next it to Polar Array 10 items.

Edited by basty

1 minute ago, ReMark said:

The image below demonstrates what lies at the root of your problem.  On the far left is your original objects.  I copied the triangles to the right.  They represent one object.  I copied the triangles to the right, again, and exploded them.  Now you have ten objects.  I copied them to the right, one more time, exploded them and now you have thirty objects.

Region Problem_1.png

What do you mean with 10 objects nd 30 objects? How do I check it?

1 minute ago, basty said:

What do you mean with 10 objects nd 30 objects? How do I check it?

See above post for answer.  I checked by using the Erase command and selected the triangles.  If you look at your command line it tells you how many objects have been selected.

54 minutes ago, ReMark said:

How it can be? I am not using any commands related to block and group.

Maybe it's your repeated use of the Region command?  I don't know.  I no longer run AutoCAD so I cannot test it.  I did prove that whatever method you used it negatively affected your ability to create a region out of the gear profile that you posted.

Could it be that the tooth is comprised of multiple, separate lines?  It looks like someone created a solid then exploded it thus creating surfaces.

Edited by ReMark

I don't know. I just make the gear tooth profile (in this case is a regular triangle) in 2D and make a Region of it and then I copy and arrange the triangle to the desired position and I Loft it.