How Do You Create Egg In AutoCAD?

3 hours ago, basty said:

How do I draw the profile as similar as possible to the real egg one?

Import the image above and trace it?

3 simple ways: I think the shape is 2 ellipses stuck together, so make 2 shapes that intersect and trim:

Basic ellipse is quick and easy, circle and ellipse gives a squat looking egg, ellipse and ellipse is a more normal shape. Your artistic ability will determine the exact egg shape.

image.png.f629eca3e6fcc856e1c8a9f31695b8bf.png

6 hours ago, basty said:

How do I trace it? I can't and I don't understand. Show me please.

You can use the ATTACH command, in AutoCAD, to insert an image file then use whatever combination of DRAW commands to trace the edge of the egg.  It can be arc, line, polyline, ellipse and/or spline. 

Edited by ReMark

6 hours ago, ReMark said:

You can use the ATTACH command, in AutoCAD, to insert an image file then use whatever combination of DRAW commands to trace the edge of the egg.  It can be arc, line, polyline, ellipse and/or spline. 

How do I trace it using spline? Can you show me please using fit point.

Edited by basty

paste the image into CAD, turn off snaps, start spline command, then working from the top or bottom, just draw the spline with enough points so that it makes the shape of half the egg. mirror and join the 2 hlaves.

Curious what the purpose of the exercise is, a learning thing but is it for learning how splines work or something else. Note that tracing an image doesn't give a precise shape but might be good enough

In the image below, I created half the egg using 4 arc's.

To complete the drawing you can join the arc's together using the PEDIT command and then MIRROR across the centerline.

If you want to create a 3D model, you can join the arc's together with the PEDIT command and then REVOLVE around the centerline.

Egg.jpg

15 hours ago, basty said:

How many points?

That is up to you really. Have a go, post the results here and we can comment with more suggestions for improvements