how to protect a DWG against writing and erased

leonucadomi

hello masters:

Does anyone know anything about this topic?

I used routine deter.vlx which groups all the elements inside the drawings and protects them against editing

but it can still be deleted and saved , thus altering the information.

I would like to be able to generate a type of pdf file but for autocad.

maybe in another format, I don't know.

Thanks for the feedback

Just a note of caution that if it exists in a drawing it can be copied. For example, with deter I think there is a LISP undeter out there, sounds familiar anyway, if you know what was used to protect the file.

I am guessing - though might be wrong - that you want to protect your work and information but need to send your clients a dwg... but don't want them to copy it? If the clients don't specify dwgs then you could send them raster PDFs (up to date AutoCAD will produce vector PDFs by default). You could protect the drawing contractually but once copied the information is out there to use though.

It isn't anything I have ever had to do though, current work if the client pays for DWGs, that is what they get otherwise PDFs, but end of the day they pay so they can have them. Before working for an owner we had control of all the drawings, never went out the office. Never worked for a manufacturer but looking at manufacturers drawings they often only include the important information such as an overall dimension, connection points or whatever. 

There was this link here which goes through protecting PDFs a little, maybe some of these ideas might help:

• Thanks 1

Best you can do is  plot as an image file then  skew and  insert the image file into a drawing.

Plenty of threads and various methods on here, but nothing is 100%. Even easier to replicate if enough vital dimensions are given.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1