Text Calculator-LeeMac text size

wilda

Hello everyone 

The TextCalcV1-0.lsp program inserts the calculation result in the drawing in the form of the MText object with the current font size (variables-textsize) and style ((variables-textstyle). This causes the inserted Mtext often to be significantly different font size of the objects selected for the calculation and is either much too large or too small.
Can someone change something in the program so that the result is inserted with a font size taken from the object
indicated for calculations?
The calculation objects can be Single-line Text, Multi-line Text, and Dimension, Multileader or Attribute.
http://www.lee-mac.com/textcalculator.html

It is common to set your variables for text size, dimension style, etc before adding notes to your drawing. Why not do that before running Lee's program?

It looks like this lisp sets current variables based on selection. There are probably other options.

https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=3633.msg47074#msg47074

Edited by dan20047

An example is attached.
I usually use two drawing settings in one file. Site plan 1 autocad unit = 1 meter and sections 1 unit = 1 cm. In addition, I often make drawings 1j = 0.5 cm, I also get drawings from other people where the settings are still different.
The point is not to change the font size manually depending on the selected objects for calculations, but the program itself changed the font size by taking its size from the selected object for calculations.

TextCalc.gif

Like a lot of his programming it is all integrated with different sub functions, extracting what you need and reworking the code would need a fair bit of effort I think, 

Yup, in the example it looks like he adds mtext result using vla-addmtext which I don't think can have a height variable added - uses whatever system variables are set - set text size before you run the command

It's not about manually setting something before or after the command is executed. I thought that maybe there is a possibility that after indicating the first text object, the program could read the font size from its properties and change the textsize variable to this size before inserting the result. Then the inserted text of the result would be the same size as the selected object for calculations.

it is possible to do that with the code and a lot of changes, 

How much of this are you willing to do for yourself if you are guided along the way? (busy this week)

First step I'd do is to find a create text LISP using entmake or entmakex and replace the vla-addmtext portion with that, entmake gives you easier control over the text parameters such as font size, layers and so on - post what you find

I'll be looking for a Lisp to create text;
I will see this lisp by CAB;
It's probably too late to learn programming, and besides, not everyone is capable of learning that;

6 minutes ago, wilda said:

It's probably too late to learn programming, and besides, not everyone is capable of learning that;

I might argue about that, might not be a natural thing but I reckon most people can get by

I looked at the SetCurrent.lsp and, by analogy, added two lines of code after (setq entity...) to textcalculator.lsp. Thanks to this, the program sets the current font size to the same as the font size of the selected object.

(defun _Select ( msg / entity num dtext mtext )
    (while
      (progn (setvar 'ERRNO 0) 
			(setq entity (car (nentsel msg)))

(setq entbl (entget entity))
			(setvar "TextSize" (cdr (assoc 40 entbl)))

I hope LeeMac will forgive me.

TextCalc2.gif

• Like 2

Congratulations, both on getting your solution but (I think) catching the programmer bug! I assume Lee would feel the same, as long as you maintain credit to him in the modified lisp. (And I would document your changes with comments for future reference.) I'm an oldish dog who remembers when Lee first started posting questions on theswamp.org and then became, IMHO, a lisp superstar.

As solutions  I have add a value to multiple text, get difference of 2 text and put result in a 3rd text, similar for block attributes take att1*att2 put area in Att3. I am sure I have a few more. Stuff like pick 2 pts and take into account a scale factor on distance returned. Think long and cross sections.

A start

(setq ent (entsel "\nPick 1st text ")) ; pick a text no error check if wrong object picked
(setq txt (cdr (assoc 1 (entget (car ent))))) ; using dxf code get text
(setq txtnum1 (atof txt)) ; convert the string into a real

(setq txtnew (rtos  (- txtnum1 txtnum2) 2 3)) ; difference between the texts

(command "Text" your turn now

Edited by BIGAL

Thanks BIGAL, but it's a long way from writing a simple example to programming, life is not enough for me to learn. Not everyone has such talent for programming as LeeMac or BIGAL or StevenP and several others. Besides, as such a basic concept I have it. Only thanks to this it was possible to use the lisp indicated by dan20047 (many thanks) to modify textcalculator.lsp.
Dan20047 - my clumsy attempt to modify this is not for wide publication. It's just for my needs.

LeeMac, if he thinks it's right, will correct it himself, and certainly much better.

Edited by wilda