AutoCAD Diesel substr function with embedded IF statement

barakar42

Hi,

I've been trying to use Diesel to get the drawing number from the folder structure, but the issue i'm having is that the job number isn't always 5 digits long, some up to 9 digits

I've got the code:

%<\AcDiesel $(substr,$(getvar,workingfolder),21, 5)>%

That gives me the correct job number if there's only 5 digits, e.g. C1234

Is it possible to add an if statement where the "5" is to count up until it hits the space after the job number?

If so how would i go about this as I've tried but I've not done any sort of coding for a long time

What exactly are you trying to modify with the additional numbers in the expression?

You didn't post the actual Diesel expression, they are like $(+, $(getvar, thickness), 10).

What is the drawing number comprised of? If you just want that number, no need to modify by trimming the drawing number at all.

15 hours ago, BIGAL said:

If you have Autocad as your profile says why not use lisp,  (getvar "dwgprefix") 

I've never really used lisp before apart from using other lisp commands other people have written

5 hours ago, SLW210 said:

What exactly are you trying to modify with the additional numbers in the expression?

You didn't post the actual Diesel expression, they are like $(+, $(getvar, thickness), 10).

What is the drawing number comprised of? If you just want that number, no need to modify by trimming the drawing number at all.

So I'm trying to get the job number from the folder structure

I use getvar,workingfolder to get the full location of the drawing

And then I've added the subtr to cut off the first 21 digits of it

The job numbers can be "c1234".  But it could also be "abc12345"

That's why I was thinking of having an if statement as the 2nd part of the subtr expression