Field with custom properties

Kowal

I created a custom peopertis. Name custim propertis: Test

I'm trying to put it in an existing text.
Why is this code not working?

(vla-put-TextString (vlax-ename->vla-object (car (entsel))) "%<\AcVar CustomDP.Test>%")

The code inserts text but the result is ####

You need to add another backslash like this "%<\\AcVar ......"

Can you upload your sample drawing to check it out if the above mod did not fully work?

Thanks Tharwat!

Now the code works.

I'm just wondering why there is no additional \ in the expression in the field edit then.

10 hours ago, Kowal said:

I'm just wondering why there is no additional \ in the expression in the field edit then.

The backslash character in AutoLISP is an escape character, used to give the characters which follow it an alternatively meaning - for example, \n represents a newline, \t represents a tab character, \" represents a literal double quote (as opposed to a string delimiter). As such, if you want to represent a literal backslash in a string, this must be preceded by another backslash to mark it as a literal as opposed to the start of another escape character sequence (i.e. the first backslash is an escape character which gives the second backslash an alternative meaning, marking it as a literal character).

The reason that you only see one backslash everywhere else in the GUI is because the backslash is only an escape character in AutoLISP (and other programming languages).

• Like 1