DIMSTYLE arrowchange

NaotoA

Nice to meet you, I'm a LISP beginner.
How can I create a LISP that changes 'open arrows' to 'filled arrows' regardless of whether they are currently used or not in the dimension style manager?

If you start with the command you would usually use, in a LISP you can type (command " <command name> <any variables to add> ), the best way to do this is to do the command in AutoCAd and copy your text entries into the LISP as you go. Here you might use DimOverride. Where the command wants a selection of items, such as the Dimensions you can use 'pause' in the command list or supply that through the LISP.

To get a list of items you want to use a Selection Set (search Lee Max SSget - his reference is the one I find easiest to understand) - create a selection set and save it into a variable, use that variable in the command, above

To give something like this:

(defun c:DimArrows ( / DimSS )
  (setq MyArrow ".") ;; example "ArchTick" or "." for ClosedFilled

(setq DimSS (ssget "_X" '((0 . "*DIM*"))) ) ;; select all entities that have 'DIM' in their type
  (command "dimoverride" "DimBlk" MyArrow "DimBlk1" MyArrow "DimBlk2" MyArrow "" DimSS "") ;; run the dimoverride command
)

Edited by Steven P

This may be helpful. Trying to remember I think it was by number rather than Description.

image.png.6768d556688ff7799acb46679a35d771.png

Some are not obvious (getvar 'dimblk)

"Architectural tick" is "ArchTick"

"Box" is "BoxBlank"

"Dot" is "Dot"

To find others change dimstyle arrows and (getvar 'dimblk)

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1