Problem plotting with ACAD2024

diogenes666

Good morning to all.
I have a big problem with the new version of Autocad 2024.
I have made an application in Visuallisp that uses Ldata, Xdata dictionaries and object reactors.
In previous versions of Autocad, it worked perfectly. In ACAD2024, when plotting, it becomes incredibly slow.
Does anyone have any idea what has changed?
If you can help me with the attached drawing, I would be very grateful.
Regards

PEDIDO.dwg

Edited by diogenes666

Thank you very much for your response.
The curious thing is that once the drawing I have attached is generated, as long as I don't close it and reopen it, it plots fast. If I close and reopen, that's when it becomes very slow to print, regardless of whether I load the lisp applications or not.
The link you provided, doesn't really give valid answers. I have searched several Autodesk posts and there is no credible solution.
I suppose I will have to wait for the corresponding Autocad update that fixes the problem.
Thank you very much for your input.
Regards

Edited by diogenes666

3 hours ago, diogenes666 said:

I suppose I will have to wait for the corresponding Autocad update that fixes the problem.

Good luck, last thing before switching over to BricsCAD was the wipeout was creating black areas when printing to PDF. Autocad response to me was wait til the next version comes out Should be fixed by then.

If the problem doesn't  affecting a lot of users they won't put much time/effort into it.

one last thing I saw when searching.

chrapmannZD2ML

‎08-03-2018 08:10 AM

I figured out the bottleneck.  Polygon Viewports must cause the PDF viewers to view/print the files as raster images instead of vectors.  Using the standard rectangular viewports have fixed the issues and brought my drawings back to printing normal and fast like previous projects.

Thanks

Thank you for your feedback.
In my case I don't use Vports, so it doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem either, but good to know. The Bricscad option is the one I'm evaluating, because testing, I have no problems when printing.
Regards

Hello everybody.
I have finally deduced where the problem comes from. I have opened the same drawing from the local hard drive and from a network location. In the first case, it works as usual. In the second case is when autocad becomes very slow, even when I use the options command.
According to some answers in Autodesk forum, one way to solve it, is to copy the network file in the local hard disk, and
when you finish modifying the drawing, copy it back to the network.
Whatever they call fixing a problem.
Regards

Maybe I'm dinosaur age but years before we had online, or virtual drives, the were all on a local disk in the office (backed up to somewhere in the company somewhere else), worked well. Then they decided we wanted to work on virtual drives.. and added problems.

Mind there was also the beauty of a Citrix connection over a dialup modem in the site cabins then too, "Why are you looking out the window again" "Opening a file.. I'll come back to reality in 15 minutes"

See if adding the network location to trusted folder location would fix that. its 2023 working off network drives isn't something new. and your network should be at least a gigbit speed. other factors could slow network speeds down.

Were I worked 1000 pc's etc and everything was done on a network no speed problems but we did have a Optic fibre backbone. It connected all offices including some 25km away.

With work at home now there was still a good download speed so like others may be a network problem.

Edited by BIGAL

Thank you for your comments.
I will do the tests to see if it will work out. In previous versions of Autocad and with the same network infrastructure, it worked without problems. I will also try adding the network drive to the list of trusted folders.
Thanks and best regards

• 3 months later...

I also have the same problem. Whenever I choose a function, it takes about a minute of two until it works on CAD. It's getting irritating and I regret downloading this version!spacer.png