Door All Glazed in Revit

nicolas

Hi,  

This is my first project in Revit.  However I am having difficulties with a single external door for the frame and sash through I chosed aluminium as material is all glazed in the model and rendered view.  Also I want to know how I can re-used the same aluminium door and replaced the glazing with infilled panel or aerated panel for the riser doors. image.thumb.png.7c97f27e1c636131240e87aea5e9a518.png

001a Glazed and Riser Door.jpg

001b Glazed and Riser Door.jpg

001c Glazed and Riser Door.jpg

Seems to me the materials was duplicated, can you help attached your door here so we can check your material?

Hi nod684,

Thanks for helping.  This is the door family I modified and yet is all glazed in the revit model. 

I have also found another door but there is a middle rail that I will like to remove that will give the exact same result.  

Thanks. 

001d Lock Rail to remove.jpg

M_Door-Interior-Single-1_Panel-Wood.rfa M_Door-Exterior-Single-Two_Lite.rfa

ok will look into it and feedback later..

The door panel is under Glass Material 

As you can see in the screenshot, I selected the Door Panel, and in the properties the RED circle is linked to a Parameter named Panel Material. 

The material set for this parameter is Glass  (encircled in Yellow)

So you may want to change this material. 

I have also found another door but there is a middle rail that I will like to remove that will give the exact same result.  

Regarding this,  I noticed that you are using 2019 Version. I am using 2021 version currently.  Revit doesn't allow backward compatibility meaning if I save this door family in 2021 version, you cannot open that anymore in 2019 version

image.thumb.png.18f3b842e4f64c8f55f5b3e61ee961c1.pngAs

Edited by nod684
  • Like 2

Thanks for your help.  I now understand what is really happening.  It is a timber door where the panel includes both the frame and what I will later called glass but in the author's mindset there is no such distinction.  When I selected glass for panel, I thought only the interior panel will be glass but its outer frame is also included as panel.  I have devoted countless hours on this only to figure this now.  I will need to use the aluminium door or a timber door with a glass panel and then change the frame to aluminium.  image.thumb.png.c366562d110152a9f7a51312ca21d54f.png

have you solve this? What you can do is create a New  Type (click the button mark with Red rectangle and assign a new name ( Marked in yellow Rectangle in my case.

01.thumb.JPG.c554b80b8459d5ff6fb4fd1032d4a9bb.JPG

Click on the panel that you need to assign the glass material and create a new Parameter for the inside Panel so you can assign a separate material for that. To do that you need to click the red circle in the image below :.

02.thumb.png.652021d866ef3873e70646caf2c66592.png

Associate a New Parameter by clicking the encircle button

03.png.d3f96ee8607315e694e58afdec999294.png

Assign a parameter name , in this case I use Inside Panel.

04.JPG.cffde32a4f96bbbd4b3fe5f30fa549e4.JPG

Once done, you can assign a separate material for your inside Panel (Glass) and your Panel Material (aluminum)

05.JPG.74cf742f1b833ad470071334e4090bf0.JPG

Sorry my screen recording app is not working so I just use screenshots.

Post if you still have concerns...

Edited by nod684