How can I learn AutoCAD and other programs on my own?

emmafrost

I'm currently a neuroscience major, but as graduation looms I realize that I have to do what i love. Period. I know many schools offer MArch programs for students from unrelated fields and I'll b apply to them shortly. I want to spend some time learning design software this summer. I have a free student version of Revit on my laptop, but its ridiculously complicated. How can I learn this on my own?

Edited by emmafrost

Which program are you really interested in learning.  Your post header mentions AutoCAD but the following text mentions Revit.  They are two entirely different programs.  Personally, I would recommend going with Revit as I see many a company advertising for that particular skill.

• Like 1

I doubt if anything in Revit would apply to neuroscience.

Autodesk related programs Inventor  or  Fusion 360 would be much more appropriate, though there are specific CAD programs for neuroscience as well, it seems more tailored to 3D models and 3D printing and analysis than anything in Revit.  Not sure what is available for students.

As for training, lots of YouTube videos as well as other tutorials written and video online. Plenty of forums around like this one as well for specific questions.