Google map tiles

Montinho

Hi,

I'm new in this forum, so sorry if there is already a topic on this subject.

Is there a routine to import google maps tiles to autocad?

The code isn't really the problem for me, what I really lack is proper documentation to understand how google maps tiles really work.

5 hours ago, Montinho said:

Hi,

I'm new in this forum, so sorry if there is already a topic on this subject.

Is there a routine to import google maps tiles to autocad?

The code isn't really the problem for me, what I really lack is proper documentation to understand how google maps tiles really work.

import google maps to cad

• Like 1

I'd relly love to understand this, so I can create my own code, or if you have some code to help me start this project would be great.

Edited by Montinho

with autocad Maps or Civil 3d you can import load a satellite image view. You only need an associated AUTODESK email account.

load the command _MAPCSASSIGN

set the    UTM zone 

load command GEOMAP. It will give you the option to load satellite image, google maps type map or hybrid with satellite image and street names

It will automatically load the satellite image of the indicated area. your computer  works in an agile way and with the view available all the time.

image 3.PNG

image 4.PNG

17 hours ago, DAVID_OJEDA said:

with autocad Maps or Civil 3d you can import load a satellite image view. You only need an associated AUTODESK email account.

load the command _MAPCSASSIGN

set the    UTM zone 

load command GEOMAP. It will give you the option to load satellite image, google maps type map or hybrid with satellite image and street names

It will automatically load the satellite image of the indicated area. your computer  works in an agile way and with the view available all the time.

image 3.PNG

image 4.PNG

Thank you David,

The thing is that autocad map or civil 3d licenses are very expensive, we use bricscad, so I'm working on a lisp solution for this problem that imports the tiles.

Edited by Montinho

I use Plex-Earth myself, it is available for BricsCAD. Plex-Earth - Download — Plex-Earth (plexearth.com)

There is also Spatial Manager for BricsCAD.

I found trying to just paste shots straight into CAD to be very tedious to get hi-resolution images. I am dealing with large areas though.

It takes a lot to make a flat view of a spherical object. 

Good news, you may be able to use an image stitching program to make a decent image and just import the image, there is software to find the metadata for an image, including the geographical coordinates.

Perhaps if you search a bit, you can find information on getting AutoCAD to retrieve the image information.

The best bet is to purchase one of the mentioned programs.

I forgot to add, try asking around on some drone user sites, putting together and using aerials is something done a lot by those guys.

We put a aerial image in nearly every project but we were lucky and had access to images, we would get JPG but with a geo ref file JGW, so this would move and rescale the image to suit.

As hinted you may have to pay Near map is another.

Ok so big to small if you want a big image then download one, if you want say layouts at a higher res then download a smaller image at higher res, just turn on & off the correct layer to suit in your viewport, but be warned images can become very big. As mentioned small tiles overlapping can start to get fuzzy at the edges.

Edited by BIGAL

Big thank you to everyone who replied to this post.

I just found a solution to the problem with the help of chatgpt.