Gap CROSSING Lines

barristann

@barristann Have you checked my version... All you have to do is answer "Yes" if highlighting of lines match what you want, or "No" if highlighting of lines don't match what you want...

Should be no syntax error... Though I've checked only in BricsCAD V23...

[EDIT] Checked also in AutoCAD 2022 and it worked like should [/EDIT]

Edited by marko_ribar
  • Like 1

@barristann

I edited the previous code.
You select all your lines concerned
You will have the option to cut either with the verticals or with the horizontals.
I also added the option of the gap (which can be 0.0)

• Like 1

Just a comment, when I wrote the code I looked past just your request so I tested on random drawn lines at angles and code works. The next person may not have Horizontal and Vertical lines. I try to write a more global answer so suits next person asking.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

marko_ribar, for some reason my AutoCAD 2021 isn't working. The command stops everytime I enter the Gap = 2image.thumb.png.37fc7afa9d41f7d3f56d794e7d6f0fc9.png

I'll do my best to see what's wrong with my computer. Thank you for your help marko_ribar.

Edited by barristann

Tsuky, I love your updated codes. I've just tested them. They work great! I'm astonished by your lisp skill Tsuky. These codes will save me so much time! instead of hours, it now take only few seconds . Wow amazing. Thank you Tsuky.

Edited by barristann

BIGAL, novice like me treasure every bit of help we can get from the experts. I used your codes at work several times today and will continue to do so going forward. They work great! I greatly appreciate your time and help BIGAL.

• Like 1

Tsuky, I love your updated codes. I've just tested them. They work great! I'm astonished by your lisp skill Tsuky. These codes will save me so much time! instead of hours, it now take only few seconds . Wow amazing. Thank you Tsuky.

@barristann

Thank you for your compliments.
After some thought, I ask if it wouldn't be better to use a user variable instead of "DIMEXO".
Indeed I am afraid that this will lead to bad behavior of the next DIMENSION.
It would be safer to use "USERR1" (from 1 to 5 possible) to store the gap value.
I let you replace "DIMEXO" with "USERR1" throughout the code for more security.

• Like 1

"It would be safer to use "USERR1" (from 1 to 5 possible) to store the gap value."

Any body can write code that uses the USER functions, another way is LDATA and you make up the name of the storage Variables. A bit safer.

(vlax-ldata-put "AlanH" "ht" ht)
(vlax-ldata-put "AlanH" "wid" wid)
(vlax-ldata-put "AlanH" "xpt" xpt)

• Like 1