How to write AUTOLISP ISOMETRIC DIMENSION like this?

wk9128

1 hour ago, BIGAL said:

So want pick pline, pick side, enter offset do isodim ?

Post dwg with samples before after.

Yes ,  hope you can help

Oops check dwg.

image.png.65c8ea131d1f942eecc7524c4820a0a3.png

Please post gif rather than RAR.

Ok did some more home work a google look for ISODIM.

So what is problem ?

Edited by BIGAL

I have had another look and that link is not the same ISODIM command as you show. Check the Autodesk apps store maybe Catalyst also.

Edited by BIGAL

@wk9128 Attached is one I wrote a while back. It's not exactly what you want. load the file into your drawing and type ISODIM.

limitations with this routine:

1) you have to be on the correct ISOPLANE when placing the dimension. Use CTRL-E to switch the ISOPLANE while placing the dimension.

3) The dimension text will look correct, but the dimension arrows will look a little off. In a future revision I may include Isometric custom arrowhead blocks.

3) The dimension points must be aligned in the current ISOPLANE or the measurement will not be correct.

Example: if the 2 points represent different edges of a step, or an edge to a hole, the dimension will measure directly across the 2 points instead of the actual linear dimension across the span. use implied object snapping to get your points aligned, then make a fake extension of the dimension extension line or centerline to make the dimension look correct.

I don't know of a better routine out there to dimension Isometric 2D drawings. If there was - I would probably be using it instead of this.

EDIT: I also have attached an updated version of your ISOMETRIC DRAWING Example after using my routine.

PJK-ISODIM.lsp

ISOMETRIC DRAWING.dwg

Edited by pkenewell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wk9128 said:

pkenewell, thank you for providing the LISP program, how to use your program? Can it be marked like AUTOCAD? Thank you

Load the PJK-ISODIM.lsp file into AutoCAD via APPLOAD or just drag and drop it into the drawing window. To run the program, type the command ISODIM at the command line.

7 minutes ago, wk9128 said:

Ok, give me some time to get familiar with how to operate and apply, thank you in advance pkenewell

18 hours ago, pkenewell said:

1) you have to be on the correct ISOPLANE when placing the dimension. Use CTRL-E to switch the ISOPLANE while placing the dimension.

3) The dimension text will look correct, but the dimension arrows will look a little off. In a future revision I may include Isometric custom arrowhead blocks.

3) The dimension points must be aligned in the current ISOPLANE or the measurement will not be correct.

Example: if the 2 points represent different edges of a step, or an edge to a hole, the dimension will measure directly across the 2 points instead of the actual linear dimension across the span. use implied object snapping to get your points aligned, then make a fake extension of the dimension extension line or centerline to make the dimension look correct.

OK. Just remember to note the limitations on the program as described in my earlier post. 👍

Edited by pkenewell

On 4/5/2023 at 9:49 PM, wk9128 said:

Hi pkenewell , Could the text mark direction provide with a ISOMETRIC DRAWING (1).dwg method?

Sorry - I don't understand what you are asking for.

• 10 months later...

Hi All. I have a new version of PJK-ISOdim.lsp attached. I updated the program to handle differences in text obliquing angle and rotation when using aligned text dimensions (i.e. when DIMTIH or DIMTOH are 0), so this should work whether you are using ANSI or ISO dimensioning styles.

PJK-ISODIM.lsp

Edited by pkenewell

• 3 months later...
On 4/5/2023 at 6:42 AM, pkenewell said:

@wk9128 Attached is one I wrote a while back. It's not exactly what you want. load the file into your drawing and type ISODIM.

I don't know of a better routine out there to dimension Isometric 2D drawings. If there was - I would probably be using it instead of this.

EDIT: I also have attached an updated version of your ISOMETRIC DRAWING Example after using my routine.

PJK-ISODIM.lsp 12.93 kB · 34 downloads

ISOMETRIC DRAWING.dwg 110.84 kB · 14 downloads

Hi,

This is a great routine and definitely something that will be useful. I would like to modify 1 part though if it is possible you could point me in the right direction. At my work all our dimensions are done in paper space but when using this code it does not scale correctly to the items in model space.

Could you point me in the right direction to adjust this (if that is ok) as i am not really that competent with lisp coding. 

Posted (edited)

@bert77 Technically you don't need a change to the LISP program. You just need to set the Dimension Linear scale factor (DIMLFAC) to the inverse the scale of the viewport. (Example Viewport scale 1:2 or 1/2, set dimlfac to 2). You can also change this on existing dimensions easily using the Properties palette or the DIMOVERRIDE command.

P.S. an exception to this is if you are using DRAWINGVIEW objects instead of standard viewports with a 3D solid. Unfortunately the dimensions won't scale properly on isometric 3D solid views and I have no idea how to address that.

Edited by pkenewell