help with dcl child dialog

sln8458

Steven P according to documentation "not filling up temp folder each time this runs" if you use VL MKtemp on closing Autocad the temp files will be deleted

As a 2nd make sure I use 

(unload_dialog dcl_id) (vl-file-delete fname)

Ok so if you bomb it out yes file can still exist, so from a cleaning up point of view I have my temp directory set to my D:\Acadtemp and run a bat file every now and then to delete file yes .dcl will be there. Have a look at your temp directory you may be horrified how much junk is in there. SV$, BAK, etransmit to mention a few. At my old work I cleaned mine had a look at some one elses PC had like 2GB of files.

image.png.4c65b16b32dfc6ece3e552ad617e4983.png

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

I'd agree with that BigAl - a part of this is being lazy when I am checking what is happening I know what temp file I am looking for (invariably things don't work right first time), and being lazy that I don't change it to go the other way.

Stopped being horrified at the usual temp file contents years ago, mostly filled with junk left over from software updates

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update.

I managed to get this to work.

For the action tile to close the main dialog and open the child i have:

(action_tile "s1"				 						;toggle Fitting options
		"(L1_ON)(L1_CLEAR)(L5_OFF)(L5_CLEAR)
		(RESET_LABELS)(RESET_DIMS)(RESET_LIST)
		(SW_FIT_DIAG)"
	); END ACTION TILE 

I have added a functio SW_FIT_DIAG:

(defun SW_FIT_DIAG () ;SWITCH FITTINGS DIALOG
	(unload_dialog dcl_id_m)
	(NEST_FITTINGS)
);end SW_FIT_DIAG

For some reason having the unload statement and calling the new dialog (NEST_FITTINGS) in the S1 action tile statement didn't work!!

I'd be tempted to try nest fittings and then unload dialog see if that makes a difference - sometimes these things matter

6 minutes ago, Steven P said:

I'd be tempted to try nest fittings and then unload dialog see if that makes a difference - sometimes these things matter

Hi Steve,

I tried that, it was only when I created the seperate function that it worked.

• Like 1