Sheet Set and plot to rasterised pdf

3dwannab

Hi all,

Is there any way to use sheet sets and to print rasterised pdfs so that the PDFIMPORT command won't work?

Our planning authority has gone online but they don't rasterise the pdfs after watermarking them. (How clever) 🥴

Thanks but using any of those shaded, realistic or hidden options has unwanted results. Some dashed lines become continuous like the image and the text has a black rectangle around them.

And changing the DPI to 150 in the PDF to DWG has no affect on the import result.

image.png.e9fa960f742bfde8067d2c4efad5f30e.png

IIRC, that's the only way in AutoCAD to plot raster PDFs. Maybe PublishToWeb as JPG or PNG, then make the PDF.

Adobe Acrobat can create raster PDFs and convert vector to raster or other raster formats, I think Bluebeam can as well.

Looks like plot via sheet set, publish or plot and then rasterise the PDFs.

The quality of PublishToWeb is not the best quality I found compared to using PDF24 to convert PDFs to images. So I think for now, do that and convert those images to pdf until I find a better solution.

You can only get so much quality with a raster. 

I used to use Ghostscript and ImageMagick for PDF creation and manipulation, free and opensource.

• Like 1

Pretty sure did this, have you looked at setting up a custom sheet ? You work out the pixel size for the size of the plotted sheet at a DPI ratio so 36x200 would be 7200, 36" sheet at 200dpi, could try 300 etc.

image.png.61949b5361b904ff71c5ae132e0e2453.png

Edited by BIGAL

Only option available is polt to pdf and dwf for sheet sets or publish dialog. Can't see any way of doing this. 

My goal here is to plot from sheet sets a rasterised pdf. 

Have you a link for this? I doubt it could print multiple drawings and layouts like publish or plot to pdf in sheet sets? 

It'd be sweet if it could. 

Its just the same as any other lisp plot code but set up for JPG or PNG as output device, just find one that does pdf's and edit it. We never had multi dgws or if we did was like 3 max so never used publish or Sheet sets.

Did you try saving a JPG plot style into your layouts then see if publish finds them.