Cad Drawing Scale Convert

potent

9 hours ago, potent said:

Dear Team Members,

Please Help me about Feet to MM,MM to Feet ,Inches to MM,MM to Inches Lisp along with units conversion lisp  

1 feet = 305 mm

1 inch = 25.4 mm

1 mm = 1/ 25.4 inch or 

1 mm = 0.0393700787401574 inch 

• Like 1

I suggest using the     "-dwgunits"     command.

Expand your commandline history to about 6 lines or more, as there is a lot to understand,

and seen one line at a time won't do it.

YES, including the HYPHEN is essential to getting the full functionality of this very powerful command.

Try it on a COPY of your drawing, move slowly and read the commandline very carefully.

Err on the side of caution.

REPEAT >>> use a COPY, go slowly,and try it a few times so you better understand all of the functionality.

This is an incredibe command.   :beard:   :beer:

Annother option/approach would be to set up ALTERNATE UNITS in your dimstyle, and TURN THEM ON.  :thumbsup:

1 feet = 305 mm

No 1 feet = 304.8 mm the mms can add up 20' = 4mm difference.

Potent be careful when AUS changed to metric stuff was supplied still in imperial but slowly it has changed, if you draw something as 1 foot wide you may not be able to buy material that is 304.8mm wide, Bolts etc are still available in both metric and imperial.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

Thank you for your Reply . i Need Drawing Scale Converter Lisp for Example: - Drawing is in Feets or Inches but as per our service design need to convert mm and when we are sending back to Arc need to sed Feets only .

For above conditions i need suport lisp with single commend to covert the above conditions

9 hours ago, BIGAL said:

1 feet = 305 mm

Potent be careful when AUS changed to metric stuff was supplied still in imperial but slowly it has changed, if you draw something as 1 foot wide you may not be able to buy material that is 304.8mm wide, Bolts etc are still available in both metric and imperial.

BIGAL reminded me that in 1961 I was 11 years old, and in the U.S., in school we were told that we would be going to Metric within a year or two.

Having worked as a carpenter most of my life, and now drawing and working in Metric ...it is a shame the U.S. never did.   :beer:

9 hours ago, BIGAL said:

1 feet = 305 mm

Hi Bigal , you are true. But despite it , here in Argentina metal sheet plate is sell in 2 formo 1000 x 2000 , and 1220 x 2440 , for a 4 x 8 foot ,  also vinyl paper  becomes in 610 mm for 2 foot . We have also bolts and nuts in mm and inches,  but angle , tee, and flats in inches, and structural pipes rectangle in mm in wide and high , but thickness in  inches , wood is sell by feet thickness   .  But conglomerate plywood in mm .   

I noticed that most student open a new drawing acad dwt , and not in acadiso.dwt,  as young people never hear about imperial system .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dadgad said:

BIGAL reminded me that in 1961 I was 11 years old, and in the U.S., in school we were told that we would be going to Metric within a year or two.

Having worked as a carpenter most of my life, and now drawing and working in Metric ...it is a shame the U.S. never did.   :beer:

And it seem to be , they never will change . And furthermore complex is that at the machining like at lathes and mill   the work in imperial fractional , and imperial decimal measures 

And screw becomes in # , wires in circular mill , all a mess to handle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, potent said:

Thank you for your Reply . i Need Drawing Scale Converter Lisp for Example: - Drawing is in Feets or Inches but as per our service design need to convert mm and when we are sending back to Arc need to sed Feets only .

For above conditions i need suport lisp with single commend to covert the above conditions

Please dig at INSUNITS system variable , as you will note , 4 for mm or 5 for meter , and 1 for inch , and 2 for feet , so read by 

(setq insunits (getvar 'insunits))

And change to 

(setvar 'insunits 4 ) to mm 

or 

(setvar 'insunits 5 ) to meter 

and before send 

(setvar 'insunits 2 ) to feet

And at last and not least , save dwg with some postfix to denote which insunits the are.

image.png.cc3dcab125cd5cd49b195ca11194c208.png

• Like 1