Power Dimensioning

ColinPearson

Hey folks!

This has been an issue for the last 2 years for me running ACAD Mechanical 2019/20/21/23 at my new job.  When I double click to edit a dimension, this Power Dimensioning dialog box shows up and it's terrible.  I want the 'normal' text editing box to come up like if you were to TEDIT the Dimension.  I thought I had the Double-Click Action for Dimensions set to TEDIT, but it doesn't seem to stick.  Any idea how to turn  off this Power Dimensioning?  Thank you!!

PD.PNG

TEDIT.PNG

Hi @BIGAL

Thanks for the reply.  Sometimes I use DDEDIT, but what I really want is just the plain double click to initiate either TEDIT or DDEDIT on a dimension.  You have any idea how to set that up?   Thank you!

See the LISP in this LINK.

The only other way, besides what BIGAL recommended, would be open the file in Vanilla AutoCAD, AFAIK.

IMO, Control + pick is pretty easy, I often just edit them with AutoCAD, myself.

@SLW210I'll try the LISP but I'm pretty unfamiliar how to use that.  Thank you nonetheless.

Is there a system variable or something that would turn Ctrl+click on or something?  Nothing happens at all when I do that.

Thank you!

That actually is what AMPOWERDIMEDITOR is set to currently.  I wonder if I can exports a Workspace from Mechanical to invoke in Vanilla?  If I got to the Vanilla Profile in Options>Profiles, then try to load a different workspace, the one I was using in Mechanical does not load, ACAD says it does not exist.

I have a custom menu that has parts of the CIV3D workspace I made it by copying the correct commands from the CUI into a custom MNU. So I work in the drafting workspace but have access to some of the command I want to use without changing work space, dont have mechanical to see if works. Happy to help more.

@BIGAL thank you for your continued conversation, I think I may have it figured.

@SLW210 That LISP works, at least for now until our IT updates something LOL.  But, no I don't use the ribbon but the LISP you linked to is working.  THANKS!  I would like to know how to use a Workspace from Mech in Vanilla if that's something you might be able to shed light on though.  When I open Vaniklla then invoke Workspace and type in the name of my saved WS that I always use in Mech, Vanilla tells me that there isn't a WS called that.  Maybe that's a dumb sounding question, but how could I transfer/export/use a WS from Mech in Vanilla?  The WS was actually created in Vanilla years ago (different employer, many releases ago) and I've just been tweaking it ever since.

I think your workspaces are saved as a profile. Bit worried about screwing up your current settings. In the ACAD ICON under startup is a profile switch /P you can start with a different profile. We had office and outside for the laptops as 2 icons so would look for a server or local drive depending on which picked. 

Not sure you can quickly get what you want, thats why we had everything as custom loads, then saved in a profile.

As I said earlier you can maybe run Mech commands in Vanilla use the cui to find a mech command, write it down, then in vanilla type that command it may have a  underscore at start. Give it  a try.

eg CIV3D

***MENUGROUP=SURFAL
***POP15
**SURFALIGN
[Surfalign]
[SURFACES]
[--]
[Create Surface]^c^c_AeccCreateSurface
[Create Surface from DEM]^c^c_AeccCreateSurfaceGridFromDEM
[Create Surface from TIN]^c^c_AeccCreateSurfaceFromTIN
[->Edit Surface]
[Edit Surface Style...]^c^c_AeccEditSurfaceStyle
[Edit Surface Properties]^c^c_AeccEditSurfaceProperties
[Add Line]^C^C_AeccAddSurfaceLine
[Delete Line]^c^c_AeccDeleteSurfaceLine

Edited by BIGAL

Thanks @BIGAL I think I will try to just set up a new Vanilla profile.   AFAIK, I don't really use anything that's Mech-specific, that's just how my company loaded it up.  I have my cui from the  previous version switch, maybe I can open Vanilla, import that and save that as the Vanilla profile.  HAve a good one!

@SLW210 ... I know this is gonna sound dumb, but unless I can figure out how to use my Workspace in Vanilla, I don't want to have to redo al my toolbars/shortcuts/etc.  I'm gonna try to export from Mech and import into Vanilla today probably.  That's the only reason.