Closing open objects

Hello, In  my attached drawing of a torquetta intersecting a circle, I need to draw 9 separate elements, numbered as shown.

Can someone please tell me how to make  the T1 element ( up to where it intersects with  T4 and C1)  and similarly the T2 element and the C1 element, as labelled on the drawing. They appear to be open ended vectors

Many thanks,

PJ

celtic knot_JAS_73 x 70 x 4.2.dxf

So you made lots of circles offset and trimmed. If you want each shape to be individual change to another layer and use BPOLY command this will make new plines as a shape representing the 2 arcs but with ends. Just pick a point inside the 2 arcs.

image.png.7dcda3f5113280b045c28e0e96478430.png

• Agree 1

Thank you BIGAL, very impressive. you picked how I  did it with offset circles and trimming :)

How do I  make T1 to T6 as separate segments, considering that in some cases they touch each other? ( newbie  here, never used BPOLY or Layers before)

Edited by PJ01

Did Bpoly not do it for you ? There was a miss on one of the arcs it bled out into other objects, so just redid the trim. Just change to a different color layer do can see result.

thanks for your help, BIGAL. I  have replicated what you have done using BPOLY, but get an error message as shown when I  click on the screen outside of the drawing.
What is the best way in AutoCAD to find open points please?

Celtic knot -02.JPG

Can  we go back to square one, please Big Al?
I  have used BPOLY on the C1 segment, as shown in the blue line attached screen print. How do I JOIN the 4 parts of this outline into a single entity?
I  have tried JOIN without any success. I  have examined each of the 4 corners by zooming in and could not find a gap
Thanks for your help,

PJ

bpoly_01.JPG

celtic knot_JAS_73 x 70 x 4.2.dwg

On 2/8/2023 at 9:45 PM, PJ01 said:

I  was able to break the lines into sections by using "Break at Point". I  then selected all the line segments on T1 and Grouped them. Similarly for T2 and T3.
I  cannot appear to go any further in creating 9 separate groups

Can anyone please suggest a way forward?

Could I suggest that you use TRIM instead of BREAK in the first instance for tidying up. That would leave no gaps and BPOLY would work fine.

So you cut and offset several circles. If you want each form to be distinct, switch to a different layer and use the BPOLY command to create brand-new plines that are shaped like the two arcs but with ends. Simply choose a spot between the two arcs.

• Like 1