How do I draw a spoon?

fuccaro

Some time ago there was a spoon tutorial on this site. Unfortunately, “some time ago” means more then 10 years, so the CADTutor website decided to eat it.

I admit that for a while I just rarely use AutoCAD, I am not “up to day” with the newest techniques and probably I also forgot some of the old ones too.

My question would be: could someone post a tutorial about “How do I draw a spoon”? I remember the old method (for AutoCAD 2006, if I am not wrong) was pretty long and used a lot of modeling techniques. For sure the today's young ninjas will get the job done with a few clicks…

Will anybody take up the glove?

I vaguely remember that thread.  Did it involve drawing both a top and side view in 2D extruding them then using the Interfere command to derive the result?

You could extrude a top view and a side view and then use the Boolean solid intersect command as a start.  It would then require you to hollow out the bownl pottion of the spoon. This could be done in a variety of ways including making section cuts then offset curves which are lofted to creat a solid that could be subtracted to form the bowl.

3 hours ago, fuccaro said:

Some time ago there was a spoon tutorial on this site. Unfortunately, “some time ago” means more then 10 years, so the CADTutor website decided to eat it.

I admit that for a while I just rarely use AutoCAD, I am not “up to day” with the newest techniques and probably I also forgot some of the old ones too.

My question would be: could someone post a tutorial about “How do I draw a spoon”? I remember the old method (for AutoCAD 2006, if I am not wrong) was pretty long and used a lot of modeling techniques. For sure the today's young ninjas will get the job done with a few clicks…

Will anybody take up the glove?

Hmm... that was a fantastic tutorial. I wonder if it's possible to do some digital archeology?

2 hours ago, lrm said:

You could extrude a top view and a side view and then use the Boolean solid intersect command as a start.  It would then require you to hollow out the bownl pottion of the spoon. This could be done in a variety of ways including making section cuts then offset curves which are lofted to creat a solid that could be subtracted to form the bowl.

Oops.  Forgot about the bowl.  Don't buy you eating utensils from me!  LOL!!

52 minutes ago, ReMark said:

Definitely looks familiar.  Thanks David.  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all.

I did a little more digging and I can tell you that fuccaro's tutorial was posted on 13th August 2003, that's almost 20 years ago! You've got a good memory 😁

43 minutes ago, SLW210 said:

How did this get turned into 2D gears from 3D spoon?

On that page there is a (now broken) link to that fore mentioned spoon tutorial