Detail CAD viewer

cadmando2

We use both Revit and CAD format for our block details Library!

Problem is viewing file in our block Library is on easy! Window explorer sucks, to small of viewer and end up every time we have to open the over 500 details just to re-view what detail we are going to use.

I looking for free or very low cost program that will work within AutoCAD. Something you CAD Review both DWG and RVT, list of file map to different groups, "Disciplines".

Like a Block/Detail Manager library program. customizable would be nice within the program. something add description to file  and re-view the CAD file and allow to insert selected block.

Anyone have any suggestions on lisp program or program that will work within AutoCAD!!!!

If your happy going back to old fashioned pop menu can be done very simply using notepad to make a mnu.

image.png.f6de027625e482cacd7ab77163743108.png

You just group your parts under a common name in the menu, the image menu supports next and previous so can have more than 25 images. If you don't want a menu you can make custom dcl's also that load a group of images.

image.png.4aca358dece275718112b46958b48985.png

• Like 1

I simply arrange blocks into drawings. 

I have macros like: ^C^Cadcnavigate G:/ENGDESGN/BeaufordT/Blocks/Typicals/Typicals.dwg;

that open them in Design Center which displays the blocks with names making them easy to insert or update.

I've also added macros in drop-downs for inserting blocks like ^C^C-INSERTCONTENT G:/ENGDESGN/BeaufordT/Blocks/Typicals/Typicals.dwg;Modified F Curb;

that inserts the block "Modified F Curb" from the drawing "G:/ENGDESGN/BeaufordT/Blocks/Typicals/Typicals.dwg".

Easy-peasy with no coding required.

Forgot you can write your own DCL viewer which like the menu has choices opening next dcl to suit with images. DCL supports child dcl, so would pick landscape then trees open. The data for display would be in a text file just groups of block names, also need a slide image of each block.

On 12/9/2022 at 2:17 PM, BIGAL said:

If your happy going back to old fashioned pop menu can be done very simply using notepad to make a mnu.

image.png.f6de027625e482cacd7ab77163743108.png

You just group your parts under a common name in the menu, the image menu supports next and previous so can have more than 25 images. If you don't want a menu you can make custom dcl's also that load a group of images.

image.png.4aca358dece275718112b46958b48985.png

I don"t mind.

On 12/12/2022 at 7:36 PM, BIGAL said:

Forgot you can write your own DCL viewer which like the menu has choices opening next dcl to suit with images. DCL supports child dcl, so would pick landscape then trees open. The data for display would be in a text file just groups of block names, also need a slide image of each block.

ya I don't write DCL file. Still learning and I have no time to do it. I was looking for lisp routine or program to purchase that was cheap. with my work load and every little time at home. I work 8 hours a day a drive 1 hour to work. 12 hrs days for me. I have no time at home.

Ok for a pop menu it is easy you just need to make a slide of the block you want, this is used in the menu as the image display. 

***MENUGROUP=BIGAL

***POP20
**CADLIB
             [LIBRARY]
             [->Stddwgs]
             [TRENCH]$I=COGGSTDS.TRENCH $I=*
             [PIPES]$I=COGGSTDS.PIPES $I=*
             [PITS]$I=COGGSTDS.PITS $I=*

............... rest of menu

**PITS
[PITS]
[SD301,PIT DIM  SET OUT]^C^C(openblk "P:/ACADSTDS/CIVIL STANDARDS/CGG301") 
[SD302,UNHAUNCHED]^C^C(openblk "P:/ACADSTDS/CIVIL STANDARDS/CGG302")
.......... add more images

Part 2 

I had to do this for a client recently so the steps for 1 dwg with lots of blocks

Get block names and save as a file, edit file and remove unwanted blocks

insert block zoom correct size and MSLIDE with block name

Write menu code at same time to a mnu file.

I ran this like 4 times for different block groups and just cut and pasted the menu together. 

As the dwg was the master DWT in use this just exposed all the blocks very quickly.

The same method  though can be done for individual dwgs that are inserted as blocks. Look at trees above.

My menu above there are around 200 individual dwg's.

I am happy to help, making the slides is like do a 100 in one go. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 6:10 PM, BIGAL said:

Ok for a pop menu it is easy you just need to make a slide of the block you want, this is used in the menu as the image display. 

***MENUGROUP=BIGAL

***POP20
**CADLIB
             [LIBRARY]
             [->Stddwgs]
             [TRENCH]$I=COGGSTDS.TRENCH $I=*
             [PIPES]$I=COGGSTDS.PIPES $I=*
             [PITS]$I=COGGSTDS.PITS $I=*

............... rest of menu

**PITS
[PITS]
[SD301,PIT DIM  SET OUT]^C^C(openblk "P:/ACADSTDS/CIVIL STANDARDS/CGG301") 
[SD302,UNHAUNCHED]^C^C(openblk "P:/ACADSTDS/CIVIL STANDARDS/CGG302")
.......... add more images

Bigal, could you send me the whole menu