Changing X value of Block Attributes with LISP Command

Benny_Ad

I want to create a LISP command that will allow me to select a block and move the attributes (block descriptions) to the right (edit the x-coordinate of attribute location). It would be nice if the LISP command used "(setq ss (ssget '((0 . "INSERT"))))" to allow me to select multiple blocks at once and then have all their attributes shift to a specified X coordinate. I don't want to use Bedit, since some of the attributes to the block will be shifted to different locations.

Here is the code I have so far. Currently, it will allow me to select multiple blocks and loop through all the attributes to each block. However, I don't know how to only change the X coordinate of each attribute. 

(defun c:shiftatt ( / i ss obj)
(setq i 0)
(if
(and
(setq ss (ssget '((0 . "INSERT"))))
)
(repeat (sslength ss)
(setq obj (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname ss i)))
(foreach x (vlax-invoke obj 'GetAttributes)

;code to change x-coordinate of each attribute
)
(setq i (1+ i))
)
)
(princ)
)

Edited by Benny_Ad
Put code into correct notation

If some of the attributes would need to be in different locations as opposed to others, what you would need to do is use a dynamic point parameter and then link the attribute in question to the parameter. After that, you can get the dynamic properties using (vlax-invoke obj 'getdynamicblockproperties) and change the value from there.

Edit:

After further inspection, it's actually possible without. Further to your code above:

(foreach x (vlax-invoke obj 'GetAttributes)
  (setq pt (vlax-get x 'InsertionPoint))
  (vla-put-insertionpoint x (vlax-3d-point _your_x_value_ (cadr pt) (caddr pt)))
)

Edited by Jonathan Handojo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Another version

(setq x 10)
(setq pt2 (mapcar '+ (vlax-get obj 'insertionpoint ) (list  X  0.0 0.0)))
(foreach att (vlax-invoke obj 'GetAttributes)
(vlax-put att 'insertionpoint  pt2)
)

• Like 1