Watertight or not??? How to make a solid of this...

Siz

Hi all,

I've been mucking around with 3D for a few months and have come up against this issue. I want to be able to 'union' this model with a solid I've already created. But I just can't make a solid of these surfaces. Is this a watertight issue? How can I tell? Or a problem with combining different types of entities into a solid. Or somethng else??? I've rebuilt this model several times carefully to eliminate watertight issues, but with no joy.

I've included a DWG of what I've been able to put together so far, plus the basic linework that I'm trying to make solid from. There is a 'loft' involved.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

SAMPLE.dwg

Many thanks for that. Yes, that's exactly what I need.

When I try the 'loft' from the two closed polylines I end up with some nurbsurfaces that I can't seem to do anything with.

Any settings you can think of that I might need to change?

52 minutes ago, Siz said:

Any settings you can think of that I might need to change?

Yes, when you initiate the LOFT command, watch your command line. You will have some options. One of the options is MOde, so type MO and hit Enter and then choose Solid. Then click your two polylines and it should create a 3D Solid.

Loft.jpg

• Like 3