MAP3D Help Quick Filter on entities with object data Only

cadggnore

Hi All,

Just wondering if there was a solution to quick filter on AutoCAD entities with Object Data association. Kind of like how Quick Select can filter the selection elements based on its type (polyline, line, length, color, layer etc...). I found Sel_By_OD_US lisp, but that highlights only items that meet a certain criteria or filter of an Object data field.

There is an alternative of attaching a drawing into the current drawing and doing an adequery, but I do not really want that extra layer and want to be easy to quick select based on more filters of layer

For example:

1) Quick select> Items that have Object Data table associated (ignore non object data table autocad entities)

2) Filter more > Quick select> items of those selected Object Data table with Layer X

3) Filter more > Quick select> items of those layer X with polylines.

you get the picture etc...

image.png.92a4375b2878ea08928c46691b8804c3.png

Any ideas or help is welcome.

Thank you

What does this reveal need same type of object eg line one with a OD, another without, look at the dxf codes, look for a extra one appearing. Then may be able to use a ssget woth correct filter.

Just use this copy to command line (enget (car (entsel "\nPick object ")))

I invite you to consult Olivier Eckmann's proposal on the AutocadMap3D forum, his plugin installed, you will have access to the MQSELECT command which allows you to make filtered selections on Map object data.
The general subject of the post is also interesting to consult...

• Agree 1

Thank you BIGAL and Tsuky,

There is a lot of resources in the AutoCADMAP3D Forum link you provided, researching the remainder of it found the ODYESorNO lisp by CADaSchtroumpf AutoCADMAP3D Forum for lisp
there is different variations of it and also it is useful for what I require. I suggest anyone else in the same boat to try different variants for his or her purpose.

It is a shame that AutoCAD Map 3D or Civil 3D does not have this as a standard, which seems a no brainer to me to be included in quick select dialog.

Cheers